Support for ESL and content-area teachers and administrators. Trainings for individuals, groups, or staff to provide language acquisition strategies and best practices to make content comprehensible for all levels of English learners. Specific trainings will be tailored to meet the needs of the district. Other trainings include book study groups to stay up to date with current research and resources, as well as ESL Collaboration meeting, which provide services for ESL coordinators and teachers from around the Southeast region.
|ESL Regional Collaboration|
|Growing Language & Literacy: Strategies for English Learners Book study|
WIDA self-paced workshops are available for any educator. Access these through the Secure Portal of the WIDA website or contact Julie Antill for more information on how to access and use these resources in professional learning groups. Topics include:
- Classroom Teachers: Engaging Multilingual Newcomers eWorkshop
- This eWorkshop is designed to support K-12 classroom educators working with multilingual learners who have recently arrived in the United States and are new to U.S. schools.
- Developing Language for Learning in Mathematics eWorkshop
- This eWorkshop has been designed to support educators in K-12 classrooms who are focused on students learning mathematics.
- Doing and Talking STEM
- This eWorkshop has been designed to support K-12 content and ESL educators as they interact with the resources introduced on the Doing and Talking Math and Science website.
- Leading for Equity: Classroom Walkthrough
- This eWorkshop has been designed to support K-12 school leaders who engage in classroom walkthroughs.
- School Improvement Planning for the Equitable Education of Multilingual Learners
- This eWorkshop is designed for any K-12 school leader and their team who engage in school improvement planning in a culturally and linguistically diverse context.
- Social Studies: Engaging Multilingual Learners through Inquiry eWorkshop
- This eWorkshop is designed for educators who teach or support multilingual learners (MLs) in social studies
- The WIDA ELD Standards Framework: A Collaborative Approach
- This eWorkshop is designed for educators who will be using the WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Edition in local settings.
- WIDA Writing Rubric
- This eWorkshop has been designed to support educators with using the WIDA Writing Rubric as they work with 1st-12th grade multilingual learners in writing development.
Presentation DownloadsTeaching ELL at the Secondary Level - Holcomb School District
Teaching ELL at the Elementary Level - Holcomb School District
Teaching English Language Learners - Fredericktown
Migrant English Language Learning Instructional Specialist