At Southeast, we want to help you make the transition to college life smooth! One of the best and easiest ways to properly introduce yourself to SEMO is First STEP.
Free Camp Redhawk
Register for First STEP by March 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m., and you could be one of the 10 winners of a free Camp Redhawk experience!
FirstSTEP Orientation Options
View dates and options based on your entry term
Events for orientation will be a full day, on campus, on the date that you select. Each date will include presentations about campus programs and services, advising, and enrollment in your first semester of college coursework at SEMO. You will leave with your Fall 2022 schedule of classes in hand!
Additional details and a sample will be shared on timeline, schedule, and instructions after you register and no later than 3 weeks prior to your scheduled event.
Remaining Spring 2022 Dates for Summer and Fall Enrollment:
- Friday, July 22, 2022
- Last remaining option to attend orientation face-to-face.
Please note: Students cannot complete a tryout, interview, or audition for an academic department, scholarship, or team on the same day as orientation. If you have a conflict, please contact New Student Programs as soon as possible so that we can reschedule your orientation date.
Fully Virtual Option
- Starts in mid-June for students registered by early June; rolling after mid-June
- Self-paced activity with two weeks to complete
- Completed through campus learning management system, Canvas
- After completion of pre-advising module and activities, 1:1 virtual or phone advising appointments scheduled with professional advisor through SupportNET
- Remaining required modules unlock after completion of advising.
- Additional details will be shared on timeline, schedule, and instructions after you register.
All New, First-Time Undergraduate Domestic Students (not exclusively at a regional campus or in a fully online degree program) will be charged a $150 enrollment fee on their first semester bill to Southeast. There is no separate charge for orientation.
Take the First STEP toward your college education!
Enroll in First STEP Orientation today. Many dates are still available with both morning and afternoon options. We can’t wait to see what you do!
First STEP is open for students, family members, and guests in a day full of information and fun!
- Be guided on your transition to Southeast
- Be introduced to programs and services to enhance your success and experience at Southeast.
- Be able to identify the rights and responsibilities you have as a Redhawk for your engagement and academic success
- Meet and interact with other new students
- Learn how to access and use a variety of campus technology resources
- Understand the purpose and process of academic advising and course selection
- Complete the registration process
- Be introduced to campus tools like Degree Maps and Degree Works
- Identify major completion milestones in your major
- Meet with a faculty or staff member from your desired major
- Get information about your assigned academic advisor and how to contact them
- Learn about different majors and career exploration
- Be more confident and excited about your decision to attend Southeast!
Family members and guests will:
- Be introduced to strategies to help your student be successful
- Learn about policies related to Southeast Missouri State University and how these policies are enforced and addressed on campus for the student population
- Meet and interact with other families in transition
- Be more comfortable and confident in your student’s decision to attend Southeast!
First STEP Information
Schedule and Information
At First STEP you will have many different opportunities to meet other new Redhawks and to prepare for your first semester at SEMO. Get to know your First STEP Schedule!