Camp Redhawk is a summer transitional leadership camp designed for new students preparing to enter their first semester at Southeast Missouri State University.
This 4-day, 3-night experience offers you an introduction to campus life and traditions, immerses you in school spirit, and gives you the opportunity to meet other new Redhawks. You will become more familiar with campus and the community where you will spend the next few years.
Is Camp Redhawk for me?
- If you are enthusiastic about your upcoming undergraduate college experience and want to get familiar with campus,
- If you are looking to meet other new students (typically under 21 years old) plus current student leaders,
- If you would like to build your leadership skills and enjoy a lot of fun activities,
What will we do at Camp Redhawk?
You'll be busy! Activities will include:
- Visiting SEMO's Outdoor Challenge Course for opportunities to do the high ropes course and go ziplining
- Exploring the Main Campus and River Campus, plus Cape Girardeau
- Competing in a variety of team challenges
- Learning tips and tricks for involvement and success from current student leaders
- Visiting SEMO's Recreation and Aquatic Center for a chance to scale the rock climbing wall, play Battleship in the pool, and go swimming
- Getting the rare opportunity to go up in the Academic Dome to chalk your name
What does Camp Redhawk cost?
The cost to attend Camp Redhawk is $180 if you register and pay by June 1, 2022 (and $200 thereafter).
The fee cannot be covered by University scholarship awards or financial aid; however, limited scholarships for participants with demonstrated financial need are available. Submit scholarship inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Sessions (2022)
20 - 23
Session 1 ***
10 - 13
18 - 21
Session 3 ***
*** You can stay an additional night in the residence hall for $30 to attend your First STEP Orientation the following day. This is especially intended for students coming from farther distances who can plan to come to campus just once to attend both Camp Redhawk and First STEP Orientation.
I'm registered! What's my next step?
We are so excited you registered for camp! Below is some basic information and some required paperwork that each camper will receive via email about 2-3 weeks before their session; however, we hope some of you are so excited for camp that you just can't wait for an email from us, so we have compiled some of the information below:
Liability and Medical Forms (to be completed and returned at your camp check-in). These forms must be completed fully and returned to staff at check-in of your camp session. Parent/Guardian signatures are only required if the camper will be under 18 when they attend camp.
- Academic Dome Liability Release
- Liability Medical - For Participants Under 18
- Liability Medical - For Participants Over 18
We will have extras of these forms at check-in, but it is helpful to have them completed in advance, so all we have to do is verify the form and hand you your room key!
Are you ready?
|5 p.m.||Nest Chat|
|6:45 p.m.||Camp Redhawk Opening|
|7:30 p.m.||Nest Games|
|9:30 p.m.||Backyard Bash|
|7:30 a.m.||Wake Up|
|8 a.m.||Breakfast & Nest Check|
|8:45 a.m.||Depart for River Campus|
|9:15 a.m.||True Colors Personality Type Assessment|
|10:15 a.m.||River Campus Tour|
|12:30 p.m.||Explore Downtown Cape Girardeau|
|1:30 p.m.||Return to Main Campus|
|1:45 p.m.||Responsible Redhawks|
|2:15 p.m.||Leadership Programs|
|2:30 p.m.||Nest Project Prep|
|3 p.m.||Map of Myself|
|4:30 p.m.||Activity of Choice|
|6:45 p.m.||Nest Challenge Part II at the Aquatic Center|
|9:30 p.m.||Return to Hall|
|9:45 p.m.||Nest Chat|
|8 a.m.||Breakfast & Nest Chat|
|9 a.m.||Cultural Competence / #CollegeHacks|
|11 a.m.||Redhawk Athletic Rally|
|1 p.m.||Nest Project Prep|
|1:30 p.m.||A Bird's Eye View from Academic Dome|
|3:30 p.m.||Nest Project Review|
|4 p.m.||Nest Project Presentations|
|5 p.m.||Student Leader Panel Q&A|
|5:45 p.m.||Dinner with Student Leaders|
|6:45 p.m.||Building Challenge|
|9:30 p.m.||Return to Hall|
|9:45 p.m.||Final Nest Chat|
|7:30 a.m.||Wake Up|
|8 a.m.||Breakfast, Room & Nest Teardown, and Nest Check|
|8:45 a.m.||Depart for Rec Center/Outdoor Challenge Course|
|9 a.m.||Open Rec and Ziplining!|
|11 a.m.||Depart for Closing|
|11:30 a.m.||Closing Ceremony & Awards|
|12:15 p.m.||Room Check Out|
It's time to start packing!
- Insurance information
- Comfortable, casual clothing
- Include a Southeast shirt or a red or black shirt for activities on Day 2
- Active wear for physical activities
- Ziplining and high ropes course at Southeast's Outdoor Challenge Course: We recommend you wear longer shorts or athletic/yoga pants and a t-shirt with sleeves for this event. Many students have recommended bringing a spandex type material for under your shorts to increase comfort during this event.
- Tennis shoes or other footwear suitable for significant walking and activities
- Two pairs recommended
- Personal toiletries including handsoap and required medicines, and a towel for the bathroom.
- Pillow and bed linens (extra-long twin) or sleeping bag
- Sunblock and bug spray
- Light snacks
- While no money beyond the cost of the camp is required, we do advise students to bring some spending money for outside snacks or treats, visits to the bookstore, etc. All meals are covered by the camp fee.
- Small fan (residence hall is air conditioned)
- Firearms, knives, or any kind of weapon
- Drugs and alcohol
- We also encourage you to not bring any unnecessary valuable items
Camp Redhawk Staff
|Michele Irby||Director - Campus Life and Event Servicesemail@example.com||(573) 651-5120||University Center 414|
|Tiffany Comfort||Coordinator - Leadership and Involvement, Campus Life and Event Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||(573) 651-2280||University Center 414|
|Katie Krodinger||Director - New Student Programsemail@example.com||(573) 651-5166||Academic Hall 123|
|Ella! Crader||Senior Nest Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Madison Bates||Nest Leaderemail@example.com|
|Mason Clough||Nest Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jesse Hall Jr.||Nest Leaderemail@example.com|