If you are ready to get support or need advice, let's talk!
Academic Advisors are trained to support and assist students in all areas of their college tenure. From your first day on campus to graduation, advisors are available to assist with declaring a major, assisting with course outlines and enrollment, and overall motivation to help students graduate.
- Students with less than 24 hours of transferrable college credit completed after high school graduation are required to attend First STEP Orientation.
- Advising and course enrollment is part of your orientation process.
- Transfer students cannot enroll until the Office of the Registrar has completed an evaluation of your transcripts and incoming credit and removes the "credit review" hold.
- The Office of the Registrar will notify you by letter or email (to your Southeast email address) regarding your credit evaluation.
- If under 24 hours of transferrable college credit were completed after high school, register for First STEP Orientation.
- If over 24 hours of transferrable college credit were completed after high school, register for Transfer Orientation or contact your assigned advisor directly.
- Information about your assigned advisor will be included in your credit evaluation from the Office of the Registrar.
- If you do not know who to contact or need to make a change to your major before being advised and enrolling in classes, contact New Student Programs.
Students in Online-Only Degree Programs
- For orientation information and other instructions, visit Southeast Online.
Students Attending a Regional Campus
- Contact the campus where you plan to enroll.
Don't know where to start?
- Contact New Student Programs
Who is Your Advisor?
- Learn who your academic advisor is and get their contact information by viewing your Current Student Checklist.
- Your academic advisor is also listed in your Success Network within SupportNET.
Need to Declare/Change Your Major or Minor?
- Find information on where to go to declare a major or change to Exploratory/Undeclared. You will need to click on the corresponding College to find the program/major.
- The Declare/Change Your Major page allows you to select the appropriate College or affiliation to find your new major/program.
Determine Your Priority Enrollment Date
- You can find this by checking your Current Student Checklist.
- Eligibility for priority enrollment is determined by the total number of hours you have completed (not including the hours you are enrolled in this semester). You may register for classes on your priority date or on any day thereafter. Be aware of holds that can prevent registration.
- View any holds by viewing your Current Student Checklist .
- Take care of holds prior to your priority enrollment date.
- You can meet with your academic advisor, even if you have a hold.
Make an Appointment
- Contact your advisor about making an advising appointment before your priority registration date, so you can discuss coursework and an academic plan for the upcoming semester.
- Advisors make appointments in a variety of ways
- Many advisors schedule through SupportNET.
- Contact your advisor by email, if you are unsure how they schedule appointments.
Are you undecided on a major or minor? We can help walk you through our colleges and programs to determine the best fit for you!
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701