The regional Career Advisors work with school districts, area career centers, military, and post-secondary institutions to ensure that Missouri students will have the knowledge, skills and experiences to make successful transitions to post-secondary options based on their educational and career goals.
- Work collaboratively with school districts to develop and enhance career pathways programs/processes
- Assist school counselors in the development and implementation of a rigorous and relevant Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP)
- Support schools with the implementation and integration of Missouri Connections
- Coordinate regional Missouri Connections training and support
- Assist with career planning opportunities such as a statewide non-traditional event(s) featuring non-traditional careers.
Missouri Connections supports the career development efforts of schools, community organizations and adult job seeker programs. It is an online resource designed to guide individuals through career planning and preparation process. Students learn about their talents, skills, and interests and make the connection between planning for continued education and the work world. Students using Missouri Connections develop a flexible individual career and academic plan of coursework, including school and community experiences. Missouri Connections assists schools in fulfilling career-related MSIP-6 Standards and Indicators. The program is provided free of charge to all Missouri citizens.
Building career pathway networks that include education, business, industry, and post-secondary partners.
- Assisting school districts in identifying high demand careers in their region
- Connecting employers with educators
- Supporting districts in providing career awareness, exploration, and preparation for all students
- Promoting work-based learning experiences for students
- Advising school districts regarding programs of study development
- Connecting educators with post-secondary programs that prepare students for careers
- Coordinating and facilitating teacher externships which provide opportunities for first-hand exposure to businesses within a career pathway
- Facilitating workshops and training
MO Career Advisory Consultant
MO Career Pathways Consultant