Redhawks are meant to soar. We’ll prepare you to get to new heights in your career.
You see opportunities are rising. You see the landscapes are changing. You’re ready for a stable future of adventure. Pilot jobs are expected to rise 13% by the end of the decade. For pilots of unmanned aircraft, the growth rate is over 50% in the next five years. Airlines and private companies alike are challenged to rebuild their workforce. So if you want a career filled with travel and flexibility, our aviation programs are tailored to your interests to help you soar.
- 76% of U.S. commercial airlines either require or prefer hiring a pilot with a four-year college degree.
- The 2021 median annual pay for airline and commercial pilots was $130k+.
- According to the FAA 50% of licensed pilots will retire in the next 20 years, bringing job opportunities.
- Southeast create the state’s first bachelor’s degree in unmanned aircraft systems.
- Drone pilots are needed in a variety of industries from law enforcement to agriculture to film to construction.
- Southeast partners with US Aviation and the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, so your training is hands-on and professional. Plus, you’ll be in the air your first semester.
- You’ll be certified to offer flight training before you graduate, meaning you can start working in the industry as you’re earning your degree.