The Johnson Faculty Center is an on-campus facility that serves as both a meeting place and as accommodations for visiting faculty or other guests.
Amenities include a queen size bed, full bath, coffee maker, microwave, dishes and utensils, a mini refrigerator, cable TV, and high-speed internet access.
Reservations are required to use the Johnson Faculty Center and are the responsibility of University Scheduling. To reserve, call (573) 651-2280 or use the online scheduling system.
The Johnson Faculty Center located at 530 N. Pacific St. is an American Foursquare home built in 1908. Prior to 1961, it was owned by Dr. B.F. Johnson, Chairperson of the Mathematics Department at the then Third District State Normal School. Dr. Johnson worked in the Department from its start in 1897 as the lone professor until his retirement in 1940. In 1961, the home was sold by his daughter, Mary Johnson Tweedy, to Southeast Missouri State College for the sum of $26,000 on the conditions that it was to be used as a faculty house for events and lodging and be named in her father's honor. The Architecture Company renovated the building for an estimated $122,000. It became the Johnson Faculty Center in 1988 after first being the Center for Regional History and then the University of Missouri Extension Division. The building has subsequently been used for campus events, housing of university guests and speakers, retirement parties, International student events, and for Historic Preservation Association club events and meetings. The Johnson Faculty Center is predominately funded through the Johnson Faculty Restricted Fund and Mary Johnson Tweedy Endowed Funds.