Jane Stephens Honors Program
Student success starts here
LaFerla Hall is home to the honors floor on campus. The hall is equipped with study rooms, lounges, microwaves, and TVs. If you’re a culinary fan, the first-floor lounge with its full kitchen is the place for you. LaFerla also includes free laundry, pool tables, and a multipurpose space.
The Honors House
Honors students can also take advantage of the Honors House, located at 603 N. Henderson Avenue, as their own clubhouse. Here, students can study, use the computer lab and printer, make use of the kitchen, watch movies, and play wide array of board games! This is also where the Jane Stephens Honors Program office is located. It is a great place to study, hang out, and meet other Honors students.
Golden Owl Program
Earn points for activities to get your Golden Owls
Once you receive 20 points, you get a large owl with your name put on the fireplace at the Honors House. With every ten points you receive after that, you will receive a smaller owl to go under your big owl.
The top three people with the most owls will be posted on the Honors Facebook page weekly.
Attendance at the Honors House
- 1 point per hour stayed
- Students must sign in and out with our scanner system at the front desk.
- If you fail to sign in, you do not receive points.
- If you fail to sign out before you leave the house, you also do not receive points.
- Faculty must sign an attendance sheet at the front desk with the times you were here to get points.
Honors Events Attendance
- 5 points per event
- Students and faculty must sign attendance sheet at the front desk during the event.
Solving Honors House brain teasers:
- We post brainteasers on our social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) those who answer the riddle correctly on each platform will receive 1 point.
- One additional point is awarded to the first person to answer correctly on each platform.
- If you participate at a volunteer event that the Honors Council is holding or that you learn about through the Honors Program, you will earn 5 points for the event.
Student/Faculty Honors Councils
- Council members will receive 5 points for their hard work.
- However, they will not receive attendance points for being at the Honors House on Council business.
- People not on the Council can receive points for helping the Council when needed.