The Senior Project is an opportunity to research a topic of interest to you under the direction of an Honors faculty mentor. This is a zero credit class. The final product must be at senior level in quality.
There are a few things you’ll need to do to be ready to start your Senior Project.
- Register for HN499 when you register for your other classes. You will need to be enrolled for the semester that you intend to complete the project.
- You will be contacted by the Honors Program graduate assistant within the first few weeks of classes the semester that you are enrolled in the course. The graduate assistant will make arrangements to hold orientation sessions with students to explain the program requirements and contract creation to students
- The format, length, etc., are determined by the appropriate discipline and your Honors faculty mentor.
- The project will be evaluated as Satisfactory / Unsatisfactory by your Honors faculty mentor, where Satisfactory is interpreted as A or B work in a 400-level course.
- Identify an Honors faculty mentor with whom you would like to work and exchange ideas about possible projects approximately two semesters before your anticipated graduation.
Jane Stephens Honors Program
Student success starts here