Can’t find the information you’re looking for?

Below are common questions regarding our veterans and our best answers in response. Most information you might need to transition from military life to the college life could be found below, but if further information is needed, contact our Office of Military and Veteran Services (OMVS). 

Veterans' FAQ

Information about the different VA Education Benefits and what they provide can be found online. Additional questions can be answered by contacting the OMVS Staff by calling (573) 651-2263 or emailing 

If you have lost or otherwise need a replacement Certificate of Eligibility (COE), visit the VA website and click on the "Ask A Question" link. You can then submit a secure email, via the website, where you can ask for a replacement. The email should include your name, date of birth, address, and SSN. You will then receive a replacement via postal mail. 

Yes, veterans with demonstrated financial need may be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility.  

Information about both on-campus and off-campus employment opportunities for students can be found at Career Services. 

If you are a veteran, you do not have to live on campus. Check out Residence Life for living suggestions. 

Check out Residence Life for both on-campus and off-campus housing options.

No, married couples do not have to live on campus. However, you must fill out the Student Residency Release Application and return it to the Office of Residence Life. 

You can get a new or replacement ID on the second floor of the University Center. 

Yes! The University faculty and staff will communicate with you through your Southeast email account. Upon admission to the University, you should activate your Southeast Key and begin checking your email daily. Financial aid notices, billing information, academic advising information, and other important University updates are sent to your Southeast email. 

Yes, the Student Rec Center is a great facility and is free for Southeast Missouri State University students. There are also other facilities around Cape Girardeau that charge membership fees. 

If you have received notification that you may or are going to be activated or mobilized, please contact the Office of Military and Veterans Services (OMVS) immediately to discuss your situation and potential options. You may reach them at (573) 651-2263 or You will need to provide a copy of your official orders to the University, so please make sure that when you receive them, you submit them to the OMVS. 

University Center 302
Mailing Address
One University Plaza, MS 1150
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701