It is never too late to invest in your future and advancing your education with college is one of the best ways to do so.
Enrolling in Higher Education
SEMO supports our veterans and service members as well as their families by offering many different scholarship and tuition reduction opportunities. Enrolling may be easier than you would expect, especially with the assistance of both the Military and Veterans Office and the Admissions Office here to support you each step of the way.
Apply for Admission
- Submit the Application for Admission
- Request official transcripts be sent to Southeast from all colleges or universities you have attended.
- Credit from other institutions is accepted, providing it applies toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of the Registrar at Southeast Missouri State University.
- For information related to how a course from another institution will transfer to Southeast visit the Transfer page.
- The Office of Military and Veterans Services highly recommends submitting military transcripts to Southeast for evaluation. In most cases, course credit is generally given for military technical training when the credit recommendations are similar to courses offered at Southeast.
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans can request their transcripts through the Joint Services Transcript system
- Air Force: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans can request their transcripts through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- For additional information on transferability of CCAF credits visit the Transfer page.
- Have records sent to:
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza, MS 3550
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-4799
- For more information, visit the Admissions for Transfer Students page.
- If you have questions regarding admission, please contact Brooke Lockhart, Assistant Director of Admissions, at (573) 651-2957.
Military Residency for Non-Missouri Residents
- Military Residence Rate Information
- All supporting documentation should be submitted to the Office of Military and Veterans Services (OMVS) at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to the OMVS at (573) 986-4973
Register for Classes
To be certified to receive VA benefits, the VA requires that you enroll in classes required for the degree you are seeking.
- Attend First STEP Orientation to register for classes.
- Transfer Student
- Less than 24 transferable hours: Attend First STEP Orientation
- 24 or more transferable hours: Attend Transfer Orientation or contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission to the university, the Office of the Registrar will send you a letter indicating the name of your advisor.
- Contact your academic advisor to schedule an advising appointment. Upon admission to the university, the Office of Admissions will send you a letter including advising contact information.
- Follow the directions listed above based on your student type (freshman, returning, transfer).
- You may also contact an academic advisor in the Southeast Online office at (573) 651-2766 or email email@example.com.
Regional Campus Student
- Contact a Regional Campus advisor to schedule an advising appointment.
- Kennett: (573) 888-0513
- Sikeston: (573) 472-3210
- Upon admission to the university, contact your Graduate Coordinator
Registration Information for any Student:
- Students who attend First Step Orientation or Transfer Orientation enroll in classes as part of the orientation program.
- Students who schedule an appointment with an academic advisor will be given an “alternate PIN” to access the online registration system using the student portal, My Southeast.