The Student Recreation Center is open to all students at Southeast Missouri State. If you’re looking to lift weights, run the track, get an aerobic workout, or take group classes, you can do it at Southeast’s Student Recreation Center. And, membership is free for all students at Southeast.
Rec Center at a Glance
Pieces of Green Cardio Equipment
These aerobic machines generate their own power by the user striding, riding or rowing.
800 Square-foot Studio Rooms
These rooms are equipped with a jungle gym, plyometric boxes, and lightweight dumbbells and barbells for general fitness use.
Basketball / Multipurpose Courts
You’ll find three courts plus the indoor track in the East Gym and two courts in the West Gym open for you to use.
Have fun and get a great cardio workout in one of our three racquetball courts!
Recreation Center Facilities
Weight RoomOur weight room offers 4,252 square feet filled with free weights, plate loaded and cable system equipment. There’s another 791 square feet of weight machines and free weights.
Group Fitness StudioMore than 30 classes are offered per week in this 2,749 square-foot space.
Indoor TrackWhether you want to run or walk laps, hop on the 170-meter track in the East Gym. Nine laps around the track equal one mile.
Climbing WallTest your climbing skills on the climbing wall in the East Gym.
Happening at the Student Recreation Center
Recreation Center Amenities
- Weight Room – filled with free weights, weight machines, plate loaded, and cable system equipment
- Group Fitness Studio – dozens of up-to-date classes offered each week
- Multipurpose Room – available for rental to students, faculty, and staff for group fitness classes, meetings, and other functions
- Lower Lobby Cardio Room – comprised of a variety of cardio equipment
- Upper Floor Cardio Area – comprised of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, steppers, and rowers
- Dumbbell Room – filled with lightweight dumbbells and kettlebells for a more private feel to your fitness experience
- 3 Studio Rooms – open for general fitness
- East Gym – comprised of 3 basketball/multipurpose courts, the indoor track, and rock climbing wall
- West Gym – comprised of 2 basketball/multipurpose courts
- Climbing Wall – open during designated hours and available for rental
- Indoor Track – open for running and walking