Check out our compilation of blogs written to help both future and current students succeed in college!
Make It Count: You'll Do That Here
5 Reasons to Choose Southeast
Maybe you’ve been accepted to SEMO, or maybe you’re considering it as an option. Plenty of factors must be considered when deciding where to go to college: location, affordability, programs, and so much more. Even though there are countless reasons to love Southeast Missouri State University, we’ve listed five of our favorites for you to consider when deciding which college is your best fit.
Dear Future Redhawk...
Welcome to SEMO! Whether you know it or not, you are on the first steps of your journey to accomplishing a college degree. It may seem a little challenging at first with becoming accustomed to a new place surrounded by a lot of new faces, but in the end, you’ll come to see SEMO as another place to call home.
How to Focus When Studying
Plan ahead, choose your study space, be prepared, take things one at a time, avoid distractions, and don't give up!
10 Ways To Make Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
Southeast will become your home-away-from-home before you know it! Here are some tips on how to make your dorm room feel like home!
Become Your Best Self: You'll Do That Here
What's the Best of Everything?
Exploring campus and your new surroundings can feel overwhelming at times. There are countless restaurants to try, shops to check out, cups of coffee to taste and rank, etc. Where should you even begin? Well, we’ve asked some SEMO students to find out what is truly the best of everything on and off campus, and where you might enjoy spending your time (and money!).
Our Favorite Tweets of Summer 2021
See what others are saying about Southeast!
FAFSA: The Documents You'll Need
Check out this video to find out which documents you'll need to file your FAFSA.
Benefits of Getting a Degree
So you’re thinking about going to college—what an exciting time in your life! A college degree can offer many benefits, both professionally and personally. You probably have plenty of questions, or even wondering if it's worth it. Here is a list of some things to consider!
Challenge Yourself: You'll Do That Here.
Mental Health and Wellness at Southeast
Being a college student presents its own unique struggles, and these can be difficult to face. For individuals who already experience depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders, the stress of college can make things a bit harder. As a SEMO student, you don’t have to face these struggles alone. We recognize the importance of staying mentally healthy, and we have resources available to help you throughout your college journey.
SEMO Student Organizations You Didn't Know Existed
You're going to want to check this one out!
Things You Don’t Think Are Important But Are
So you’re coming to Southeast. Congratulations! Here are a few tips on how to really get the most out your college experience from the start.
But, They're Not Like Me
It’s human nature for most of us to want to be with those like us. But here’s the thing about college: don’t! College is different than high school. Challenge yourselves to disover people with differing opinions. Learn to respect others with varying view points - it's part of growing!
SEMO Blog Posts
Choose a category below to see our list of blogs. Each blog was written specifically with you in mind!
- Experience Other Cultures
- Values of On-Campus vs. Off-Campus Living
- FAQs About Our Meal Plans
- It's Totally Okay to be an Exploratory/Undecided Major
- CampRedhawk Photo Gallery
- CampRedhawk Preview
- The Ultimate Packing List
- What to do Before Starting the Semester
- Everything to know about SEMO Scholarships
- FAFSA: The Documents You'll Need
- Organizing Your Desk
- Things Your Professors Want You To Know
- Professionalism 101
- Finals Survival Guide
- Working Full-Time While Going To School
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Choosing A College During COVID
- Benefits of Getting a Degree
- 9 Things You Need to Know Now That You're a Junior.
- Waiting on an admission decision? What to do while you wait.
- AP Classes: Should I Take Them?
- Why Students Should Care About Accreditation
- Meet the Office of College Planning
- SEMO Traditions
- Bookstore Gifts You'll Want For Yourself
- Instagram & Twitter Accounts to Follow
- Thanksgiving Classics You Can Make In A Microwave
- Ready Player One!
- Campus vs. Chain vs. Local Dining
- 5 Things You May Not Know About The Dome
- Dogs of Southeast
- 9 Secret Tips from Admission Counselors
- The 3 Most Important College Application Tips
- Color Your Stress Away
- Playlists To Get You Through...
- Questions to Ask When Choosing a Roommate
- How To Ask For Help
- Let's Get Organized!
- Dealing With Stress
- How to Say "No"
- Connecting With Your Professors
- How To Email Your Professor
- How to Safely Surf the Web
- How to Focus While Studying
- 2021 Internet Safety Tips
- Secret Tips from Admission Counselors