Do you have questions? We have the answers!


Topic Question? Answer!
Catalog Where can I view the Undergraduate Bulletin (course Catalog)? View it online at Registrar Bulletin 
Classes Where can I get answers to questions about my class schedule?  Your academic advisor (see below) or Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250, 
Academic Advising How do I contact my advisor? 
Enroll or Drop Classes How do I enroll or drop classes?  With your academic advisor, by using mySEMO, or at the Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250  
Major How do I change my major?  Complete the appropriate paperwork with your academic advisor, in the academic department housing your new major, or by visiting the Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250  
Minor How do I change my minor?  Contact or visit the department in which your minor is housed and complete appropriate paperwork.
Testing Services How do I test out of a course?  Testing Services, Kent Library 108, (573) 651-2836,
Testing Services How can I find my English/math placement?  Your academic advisor or Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250
Textbooks Where do I pick up/drop off my textbooks? 

Textbook Rental, Kent Library 123, (573) 651-2236  

University-operated rental program for textbooks. Southeast Bookstore, University Center, 1st floor, 388 N. Henderson, (573) 651-2220,

For books not available in the University-operated rental program, additional course materials and books required, and supplies. Rental, electronic, and new/used options available. The Bookstore is also the home for your Southeast apparel needs, and where you purchase your UI 100 textbook, “First-Year Seminar: Connecting to Southeast.” 

Transcripts Where can I get an official transcript? How do I submit a request for an official transcript? 

Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250, Transcript  

Submit request in mySEMO through the National Student Clearinghouse

Tutoring How can I get a tutor? 

Learning Assistance Programs, Kent Library 412, (573) 651-2250 


Topic Question? Answer!
Banking Where can I bank on campus?  U.S. Bank is located in the Southeast Bookstore, (573) 332-1082, 
Banking Where can I find banking options in Cape Girardeau? 

Convention & Visitors Bureau, 400 Broadway, (573) 335-1631

Chamber of Commerce, 1267 N. Mt. Auburn, (573) 335-3312

Bills from the University Where do I get information about my bill?  Student Financial Services, Academic Hall 019, (573) 651-2253, 
Bills from the University Where can I view my account balance?  SEMO Pay (Main dashboard > Balances or SFS Toolkit > SEMO-Pay (Pay/View My Bill)
Employment How do I find a job on or off campus?  Career Services, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2583, or Handshake
Financial Aid How do I apply for a loan, grant, or scholarship? Who can answer my questions about financial aid? 

Submit a FAFSA at  

Contact Student Financial Services, Academic Hall 019, (573) 651-2253

Living on Campus

Topic Question? Answer!
Commuter Students Can Commuter Students eat in any dining hall on campus?  Commuter students can eat in any dining hall on campus by purchasing Redbucks, a meal plan, or paying cash on site through Chartwells, (573) 986-6025 
Commuter Students In there a lounge space commuter students can use? The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) features a small computer lab, study space, and a TV lounge for all students on the second floor of the University Center. 
ID Card Where do I get a Student ID card? 

Complete ID request and photo submission form prior to August 1 through online orientation course

Visit ID Services, University Center, 2nd floor, CSI, (573) 651-2896, 

Mailing Address How do I change my mailing address? 

Office of the Registrar, Academic Hall 057, (573) 651-2250, 

mySEMO (Search Personal Information, select Student Information - Address/Telephone)

Parking Where do I get parking information? Where do I get parking decal?  Department of Public Safety Parking Services, 1401 N. Sprigg St., (573) 651-2310
Recreation Services Where can I work out on campus? Who do I contact for Recreation Center Hours?  Student Rec Center, Student Aquatic Center, (573) 651-2105
Recreation Services Where can I find information about group fitness classes, personal training, intramurals, and club sports? 

Fitness & Wellness, Student Rec Center, (573) 651-2367  

Intramural Sports, Student Rec Center, (573) 651-2571  

Club Sports, Student Rec Center, (573) 986-7379 

Residence Halls Where can I check-in to my residence hall?  See your personalized arrival information from Residence Life for more details. New student check-in and arrivals take place August 15-16, as assigned. 
Residence Halls How do I change rooms? 
How do I change a meal plan? 
Where can I rent a refrigerator? 
Office of Residence Life, Towers Complex, 1st floor, (573) 651-2274,
Shopping Where can I find out where to shop in Cape Girardeau? 

Convention & Visitors Bureau, 400 Broadway, (573) 335-1631

Chamber of Commerce, 1267 N. Mt. Auburn, (573) 335-3312

Transportation Is there time to get form from one class to another if the buildings are far away from each other? 

Transit, (573) 986-6187 

You can walk from one class to the next class on the main campus, but shuttle buses are available for main campus and between the main and River Campus. Visit the website for routes, operating times, and the shuttle tracker (also available in the Southeast app). 

Student Life & Services

Topic Question? Answer!
Campus Safety

Where do I report emergencies and get information about emergency preparedness on campus?  

Where do I get information on campus crime statistics?

Department of Public Safety, 1401 N. Sprigg St., (573) 651-2215,
Campus Computing

Where do I go for computer support? 

Where can I find a list of computer labs on campus? 

Information Technology, Memorial Hall 107, (573) 651-4357 

Campus Computing Where do I activate my Southeast Key email address? Where do I check my Southeast email? 
Disability Services Where do I seek assistance if I have a disability? 

Accessibility Services, Crisp Hall, (573) 651-5927 

A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity [ADA, 1990].

Student Organizations How do I join a student organization? 

Campus Life & Event Services, University Center 414, (573) 651-2280

Connect with an involvement ambassador.


Greek Life How do I learn more about fraternities and sororities?  Office of Greek Life, University Center 413, (573) 986-7301 
Medical Assistance Where can I seek medical attention or assistance in dealing with personal problems? 

Campus Health Clinic, Crisp Hall, (573) 651-2270,

Counseling Services, Crisp Hall, (573) 986-6191

Religious Services Where are the religious services held on campus?  Services vary by organization. Check out our campus ministries. 
Religious Services Where are the churches in Cape Girardeau? 

There are a variety of denominations with a presence in Cape Girardeau. Visit this guide from the SE Missourian for more information. 

Military and Veterans Services Where can I get information about services or support for veterans, military personnel, and veterans’ dependents?  Office of Military and Veterans Services, University Center 302, (573) 651-2263,
Academic Hall 100D
Mailing Address
One University Plaza, MS 3550
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701