ID Services at Southeast offers students with their official identification card. Student's ID card serves as a library card, facilities and event access card, campus identification card, and campus dining card. As a Responsible Redhawk, it is important to carry your ID card at all times.
Why do you need a Redhawk ID? Your Redhawks ID card serves as identification that you are a Southeast student, faculty, or staff member. In addition, the card serves as:
- Your meal plan card for Chartwells Dining Services (for both meal plan students and students that elect to 'deposit' Redbucks onto their account – be sure to ask Chartwells for more details!)
- Your access card for textbook rental and library privileges
- A way to charge bookstore purchases to your Southeast student account
- Your membership card to access the Student Recreation Center
- A way to get free or discounted tickets to many Southeast Athletics, Show Me Center, and River Campus events
- Your access to the Campus Health Clinic, Counseling & Disability Services, and Testing Services
ID Services Hours of Operation
Fall & Spring Semesters
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Weekdays from 5 p.m. - 10 p.m., call (573) 450-4418 for assistance
- Weekends from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., call (573) 450-4418 for assistance
*The weekend prior to fall and spring semesters, ID Services will be open the same hours as Textbook Rental.
Redhawks ID Updated Card Design
After nearly 16 years, the existing Redhawks ID design is being retired from production. ID Services has refreshed the front design of Redhawks IDs with assistance from University Marketing. The new design continues to prominently feature the Redhawk head logo while incorporating the current Redhawks Athletics logo. The new design cards will begin distribution to current faculty, staff and students as individuals request IDs once existing old stock is depleted. Individuals being admitted for Summer and Fall 2022 will receive the new card. The University will continue to utilize and accept both cards and will NOT be doing a full re-card of campus.
Getting a Redhawks ID
Come visit us at the ID Services Desk (located on the second floor of the University Center inside the Center for Student Involvement). Please bring the following items with you:
- University ID number (S0-7 digits), as listed on your University Portal, or admitted student documents.
- A valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc.). Paper copies are not accepted.
- Note: in order to obtain a Redhawks ID card, you must be enrolled in at least one credit hour or be participating in a New Student Programs Transfer Orientation or First Step Orientation.
- Your photo will be taken and the ID will be issued in a matter of minutes!
If you are a new student or have never had a Redhawks Card, visit your campus’ main office for assistance in obtaining your first Redhawks ID!
Please bring the following documentation with you:
- University ID number (S0-7 digits), as listed on your University Portal, or admitted student documents, and
- A valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc). Paper copies are not accepted.
- Your picture will be taken and emailed to ID Services at the main campus.
- Once the picture is received and the Redhawks ID is generated, it will be returned to your campus’ main office via campus mail for distribution.
- Please allow 3-5 business days between having your picture taken and returning to pick up your new Redhawks ID.
- If you have previously received a Redhawks ID and need a replacement due to damage, loss, name change, etc. please refer to the process above. Your campus’ main office will coordinate the process for a replacement Redhawks ID.
NOTICE FOR ONLINE REQUESTS
This process is designed for individuals who take classes online only or who live a significant distance from the Cape Girardeau campus and cannot request the ID/badge in person within our normal business hours (see above).
Please do not use this process if you live on or close to the main campus as it is quicker to request a card in person during our service hours. In person requests take priority over online requests during high volume processing times.Online Student Request Process:
- Log in to the Southeast Portal: portal.semo.edu using your SEKey and password
- Select the Student SS tab
- Locate the Services section
- Select "Request a Redhawks ID"
NOTE: New first time and transfer students need to complete this request process during their in person (or if offered, virtual) First STEP and Transfer Orientations.Online Requests for Mailing:
If you request your ID online, please allow 3 business days for processing and anticipate approx. one week for transit time via the US Postal service.Online Requests for Pick-up:
Please allow 3 business days for processing and wait to pick up until you have received an email notification that your ID is ready.
Pick Up IDs may be claimed in the Center for Student Involvement, located on the 2nd floor of the University Center. You will be asked to present another form of photo ID to claim your Redhawks card.
NOTE: If you need a Redhawks card within 3 business days, it is always best to come in person and request your ID/badge. We have regular business hours (see above) and offer an after-hour service via telephone request when an individual is onsite at the main campus.
There are four methods that an early college high school student can follow in order to obtain an official Southeast Missouri State University Redhawks ID.
- The Early College instructor or school district coordinator can submit the following Information via email for a Redhawks ID(s):
- Picture(s) of all individual(s)/student(s) needing a Redhawks ID.
- NOTE: Photo files should be submitted in the .jpg format. Please use the student's ID number or last name as the file name if submitting multiple requests in the same email.
- Student(s) should be posed in front of a solid wall or background (a light to medium blue or white preferred).
- Student(s) should hold in front on them a sheet of paper at chest level with the following information printed clearly on it:
- Last Name
- University ID # (S0-7 digits)
- If you are only submitting one individual for an ID, you do not have to hold the sign and can instead put the information in the body of the email submission.
- Student(s) head and face should not be obscured by hats, scarves, glasses, etc. except if item(s) are worn for medical or religious purposes.
- A photo log should either be attached, along with the photo files, or the following information should appear in the body of the email request:
- Last Name of individual/student, University ID # (S0-7 digits), corresponding photo file name/#
- Repeat until all individuals are listed.
- A complete mailing address for where the completed Redhawks ID(s) should be mailed to
- A contact name and number for the individual or school contact seeking the Redhawks ID(s) so that we may contact with any questions.
- Warning: You may need to break up your request into more than one email. File size restricts what can be successfully submitted in each email. We recommend batches of 10-12 photos per email. Email request should be sent to email@example.com
- Class trip to the main campus
If you are planning a trip to the Cape Girardeau campus with your class, we would be happy to schedule a time for you to visit our Redhawks ID Services staff, so we could make the Redhawks ID(s) in person. We are located on the second floor of the University Center inside the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), Room 204.
- Individual student visit to main campus
If a student(s) would like to come in person, we would need him/her/them to present the following documentation to issue a Redhawks ID:
- Your Southeast Early College letter or course schedule
- University ID number (S0-7 digits), as listed on your University Portal, or Early College student documents, and
- A valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc.). Paper copies are not accepted.
- Individual Student Submits Online following the process outlined above in Southeast Online and Web-Only Students
University faculty and staff will be supplied with an identification card upon employment with the University. There is no charge for the initial ID card. If you are a new employee and have completed your paperwork with the Human Resources office, you will need bring the following documentation and proof of identity with you to ID Services, located on the 2nd floor of the University Center inside the Center for Student Involvement, room 204).
- HR Employment Memo For ID Card or University issued employment contract showing your University ID number (S0-7 digits).
- Valid U.S. government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc.). Paper copies are not accepted.
ID Services has several standard badges on file that your department may choose from to identify your staff on campus. Additionally we have worked with some departments to create badges specific to their needs, including Nursing. The standard charge for department badges is $10/badge and Nursing are $5/badge.
If your office requests to implement badges for personnel or students for field experiences, internships, etc., your department will need to supply a memo authorizing the creation of the badge, supply the information for the authorized person(s) receiving the badge(s) each semester, and if applicable an index to bill the badge(s) to.
Redhawks ID Services reserves the right to deny the creation of badges based on the intended use or limitations of our existing systems.
To create a department badge, please contact Gretchen Grojean, (573) 651-2280 to discuss your timeline and specific needs.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If you lose your Redhawks ID, you should report the loss to the Information and ID services Office immediately. The fee for replacement of a lost Redhawks ID or for a card that is replaced due to a name or account number change is $15. Stolen cards will be replaced for free with a copy of a DPS or other police report.
Redhawks IDs that are bent, worn, or broken as a result of normal use will be replaced free of charge if presented and surrendered at the time of requesting a new card. Intentionally misused or damaged IDs (holes punched in ID, burn marks, bend marks, etc.) will not be replaced for free. Whether or not damage is intentional is a the discretion of the ID Services staff and will be assessed during the time replacement and again by the Campus Life & Event Services Professional Staff.
Replacing your Redhawks ID
If you are replacing a current Redhawks ID, you will need to bring another form of identification.
- Your name and ID number must exactly match those of the University records.
- Redhawks IDs that are damaged due to unintentional wear and tear are replaced at no charge if the damaged card is returned at the time of the card replacement.
- A $15 replacement fee will apply if the card is misused or defaced intentionally or if the information on the card becomes incorrect due to a name or account number change.
- Payment - all charges associated with a replacement or lost card will be applied to your Southeast account.
Redhawks IDs are the property of the University and are non-transferable. Students, faculty, staff and other University affiliates are responsible for the accuracy of the information on the Redhawks ID. Misuse of the Redhawks ID, falsification of information on the Redhawks ID, or failure to present your Redhawks Card upon request to any University official acting in his/her/their duties will result in confiscation and/or disciplinary action being taken against you.
To ensure campus safety you must present a couple of these forms of identification prior to receiving your Redhawks ID:
- University ID number (S0-7 digits), as listed on your University Portal, billing state, First STEP or Transfer Orientation packet, or admitted student documents.
- Valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc). Paper copies are not accepted.
- HR Employment Memo for ID Card or University issued employment contract showing your University ID number (S0-7 digits).
- Valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, state ID, etc.). Paper copies are not accepted.
ID Preferred Name Guidelines
Southeast Missouri State University recognizes that individuals may prefer to identify themselves by a first name other than their legal name. ID Services supports the use of a preferred name that differs from a person’s legal name within the University community on their Redhawks ID cards and required identification badges. Individuals who wish to use a preferred name on their University identification card or badge must have previously either requested a preferred name at time of admission to the University or have completed the Preferred First Name Form by updating the personal information section found on the Southeast Portal.
- Log into mySEMO, using your SEKey and password.
- Select either the Student SS or Employee SS tab.
- Locate the Personal Information Section.
- Select, complete, and submit.
In order to receive a Redhawks ID Card or badge with your preferred name, follow these steps:
- Verify that your preferred name appears in the personal information system (Portal). If you have not entered a preferred name in Banner via the Portal, please visit either the Student SS or Employee SS tab. Then under the Personal Information Section, please select Update Preferred First Name to check, change or add a preferred name to your University record.
- Once that is completed, visit the ID Services desk, located on the 2nd floor of the University Center inside the Center for Student Involvement (room 204), to request a Redhawks ID with your Preferred Name.
- If you want to double check that your Preferred Name appears in the ID system prior to coming in person to request your card, please call the main ID Services number is (573) 651-2896. The secondary number is (573) 651-2280 for summer and break periods. Names cannot be edited in anyway by the ID Services staff.
All first time Redhawks or Cape College Center ID Cards are issued for free. Identification badges required as part of a program or as a condition of employment are billed at the rate established by ID Services and agreed to by the requiring department(s).
Any card/badge requested after the first card/badge which is not necessitated by a legal name change or that does not require replacement due to the card/badge no longer functioning properly through normal wear and tear will be assessed a $15 replacement fee.
If you have questions about changing a legal name in Missouri, more information may be found on the Missouri Courts website.
If you have already legally changed your name and need to updated your official University record, complete the Name and Social Security Number Change form and submit along with required documentation to the Office of Registrar.