Are you ready to declare or change your major?

The process to declare or change your major is easy! All you need to do is:

  • Go to your Advising Toolkit in mySEMO. It is one of your shortcuts.
  • Click on “Major Declaration Form” under Declare or Change your Major / Minor.
    • If you wish to drop one of your current majors (and not change it to something else), please use the “Request to Drop Major” form.
  • Complete and submit the online form.
  • You will receive an email notification once your major has been updated. This email will include the name of your new academic advisor, if applicable.

 You can learn more about which majors we offer and their requirements by viewing degree maps for each program of study

If you have questions about any of the listed program options or their requirements, visit the specific academic department of the major you are interested in. A link to the academic department’s webpage, which shares their contact information, is included in the listing of programs of study.

 If you are a newly admitted student, please contact the Office of Admissions at to request to change your major.

Academic Office
Academic Hall, 057
Polytechnic Office
Polytechnic Building, 301
Mailing Address
One University Plaza, MS 3333
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Fall & Spring Semesters / 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer / 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.