Sometimes, we all need additional support, especially when we transition into college life.
Like everything at Southeast, you won't be going this alone. Let us help you!
The Academic Coaching Program (ACP) is a two-semester process that helps first-year students with individualized support to achieve their academic goals.
Entrance into ACP is controlled through the Office of Admissions as part of admission to the University. Students admitted to the University through ACP may enroll as degree-seeking, full-time students, taking 12 credit hours during their first semester.
About the Program
ACP students work individually with an Academic Success Coach to:
- Identify their learning/thinking styles
- Capitalize on their strengths and capabilities
- Develop new academic skills and strategies
- Create action steps to achieve goals
- Regular coaching meetings provide ACP students the opportunity of consistent support to recognize their successes, identify challenges, and develop/adapt strategies to succeed.
Common coaching topics include:
- Study strategies
- Note-taking strategies
- Time management
- Stress management
- School, work, life balance
- Connecting to campus resources
- Building resiliency
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701