Room Selection Guide
Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
April 30, 2021 – Housing contract must be submitted, and deposit must be paid, and/or waived by this date in order to participate in room selection.
- Student’s assigned room selection date is based on their contract completion date and suitemate groupings.
- Students submitting their contract and deposit after this date will be assigned a room by Residence Life staff.
May 10 - June 4, 2021 – Self-selection is open
Special Interest Housing
Students accepted into Special Interest Housing (or Learning Communities) may select a room in their specific community starting on March 9, 2021. This selection process is different so students will receive special instructions on selecting their Special Interest Housing room through their Southeast email.
New Student Room Self-Selection Information
- Qualification: Students who have completed an entire suitemate/roommate grouping of four students and all suitemate/roommate have completed the contract and deposit process.
- Suite Selection Date: May 10 - May 14, 2021
- This selection period is for new students that have a four-person grouping. Students with only a two-person pairing will self-select by Tier dates listed below.
- Qualification: Students not in a suitemate group who have submitted the housing contract and deposit by December 31, 2020.
- Suite Selection Date: May 17 - June 4, 2021
Qualification: Students not in a suitemate group who have submitted the housing contract between January 1 - February 28, 2021
Suite Selection Date: May 24 - June 4, 2021
- Qualification: Students not in a suitemate group who have submitted the housing contract between March 1 - April 30, 2021
- Suite Selection Date: May 31 – June 4, 2021
Room Selection made by Residence Life
- Qualification: Students eligible for self-selection who do not choose a room during their allotted timeframe and students who submit a housing contract and deposit after April 30, cannot select their own room but can be pulled into a room by a roommate during the roommate's selection time, provided the roommate/suitemate grouping has taken place.
- Residence Life Assigned Room Selections: June 7 throughout the summer, where space permits.
- Room change request: Can be made starting June 1, waitlist and room changes will end August 1 so the Residence Life staff can focus on ensuring all students have been placed into a room assignment.
- Room change request will reopen the 2nd week of classes.
- Reminder: Room availability can change hour to hour, there is no guarantee all requests will be filled.
Housing Contract Cancellation
Returning students canceling a housing contract before a room has been selected will not be charged a penalty fee. However, students that cancel their housing contract after room selection but prior to finals week will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the housing deposit.
New students canceling a housing contract is charged based upon rates listed on the Contract for University Housing. Additional cancellation costs are assessed based on the date of cancellation and the reason for the cancellation.
If you have questions regarding room selection, please contact the Office of Residence Life.
Step by step guide for making your room selection
Video Room Selection 2020-2021