Training you need, at a price you can afford: that’s what we do.

We know education is a big financial commitment and the process can be confusing to navigate, but we are here to help. With grants, loans, and payment plans, you have options to help you get the education you need. 

Credit Seeking Students 


Pell Grants/Student Loans 

Pell grants and federally funded student loans are available ONLY for those students choosing the four-year college track option and who are pursuing a bachelor's degree. These students will need to be admitted to the University as a regular student in addition to being admitted to the academy. For more information on these federally funded programs, please contact Student Financial Services at (573) 651-2253. 

Non-Credit Students 

Private Student Loans 

For students who are not seeking a degree, there are private student loans available through Sallie Mae. 

Click here for more information on Sallie Mae loans or to apply for a Smart Option Student Loan.

Be sure to follow each step of the application process when applying for a private/alternative student loan. If you need assistance, contact the lender, who can walk you through their process and update you on the status of your loan.  

An alternative loan is a privately financed educational loan in the student's name, which is offered by banks and other organizations. These loans are not federally funded. The interest rates on these loans often are either fixed or variable, are not capped and are tied to the prime rate or LIBOR index. Alternative loans are credit-based loans and, in most cases, a creditworthy co-applicant is required. With a co-applicant, the risk to the lending institution is reduced and the borrower can receive a better interest rate. Individual eligibility will vary according to cost, need and any other aid being received by the student. 

Payment Plans 

Students may make five payments of $1,300 while attending the academy. Please note, the academy must be paid in full before students are eligible to take the state licensing exam and/or graduate.

Get Funding for Your Education

Missouri has opened the door to a more educated workforce. We want to help you walk through it. If you’re an adult learner returning to college, learn about the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant. It’s a statewide financial aid program that can be used to pursue a certificate, degree or industry-recognized credential in a high need area in Missouri. This major is eligible for the degree is a Fast Track grant.

Use the GI Bill® for your law enforcement training.

The Law Enforcement Academy is approved for the GI Bill. For more information regarding your military benefits, contact our office of Military and Veterans Services.

Are you called to serve and protect?

There's a lot more to law enforcement that just enforcing the law. You'll touch the lives of people in the community. You'll get to mentor people. And, you'll help people in some of the most trying times of their lives. Ready to get started?

122 S. Ellis
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Mailing Address
One University Plaza, MS 5200
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701