Harrison College of Business & Computing
This program is housed in the Harrison College of Business and Computing. The College prepares students for the global marketplace. Alumni work for some of the world’s largest corporations to some of today’s most innovative startups. The focus is on creating and innovating, data and trends, supported by faculty mentors who themselves are leaders in business and computing.
Online Learning at Southeast
When it comes to your success, we do whatever it takes. Online learning at Southeast takes the same reputable college courses taught by Southeast faculty and makes them available anytime, anywhere.
The Master of Science: Management degree is especially well suited for people who do not have a major at the undergraduate level in business administration but are employed in positions with managerial responsibilities. The additional management training will allow managers to better perform in their current position and advance to mid-level managerial positions. The program provides the business knowledge necessary to work within a business organization or corporation and enhances career options for those in other industries, such as health, advertising, non-profit or engineering.
- Undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale (overall or in last 60 credit hours)
- At least 3 years of appropriate full-time work experience
- Current resume/vita including names and contact information of 3 professional/business references
- Letter of intent addressing preparation for graduate study, ability to succeed at the graduate level and professional goals and objectives.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT or MCAT score. May request a waiver based upon significant work experience.
Recommended sequence of required coursework:
Students will work with an advisor to determine the sequence of
coursework best suited.
Master of Science - Management - 30 Hours Required
- BA600 Organizational Behavior in Practice (3)
- BA620 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods (3)
- BA641 Entrepreneurship (3)
- BA656 Applied Human Resource Management (3)
- BA664 Organizational Leadership (3)
- BA667 Liability Risks in Products and Services (3)
- MG562 Organizational Theory & Design (3)
Choose 9 hours from:
- BA657 Applied Research Project (3)
- BA661 External Environment of Business (3)
- BA662 Contemporary Issues in Business (3)
- BA671 Business Topics Seminar (1-3)
- ER521 Topics in Entrepreneurship (3)
- ER531 Creative Problem Solving in Business (3)
- ER551 Managing and Growing the New Venture (3)
- ER561 Business Planning for New Ventures (3)
- MG5xx Management 500 level course (3)
- MG301 Principles of Management
- PY271 Introduction to Behavioral Statistics or QM257 Business Statistics I or PY571 Introductory Behavioral Statistics or BA601 Graduate Business Statistics Essentials
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.
Getting the Job
Your education is just one piece to launching an extraordinary career. Once you’ve mastered the material, you still have to find the job you want, make the right connections, sell your knowledge and experience—and if all this is giving you anxiety, don’t panic. SEMO’s Career Services office is here to help you with the next step. They’ll provide the expertise and support you need, so you’re landing your dream job in no time.
Online: Management Degree Map
Explore the courses you'll need to complete your degree
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Management?
The additional management training you earn with your master’s degree in management can help you stand out in your current position and prepare you to take on higher positions.
You’ll be prepared to take on roles such as:
- Project Manager
- Management Analyst and Consultant
- Operations Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
Management by the Numbers
Successful Outcomes Rate
Students graduating with degrees from the Department of Management report being employed or furthering their education six months after graduation.
Business Programs Worldwide
Southeast’s AACSB Accreditation puts us in the top 5% of business programs worldwide.
Project Management Specialist
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median annual salary for project management specialists is $ 77,420.
Human Resources Manager
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median annual salary for human resources managers is $121,220.