Online: Healthcare Management Degree Map
Explore the courses you'll need to complete your degree
Healthcare Management by the Numbers
Business Programs Worldwide
Southeast’s AACSB Accreditation puts us in the top 5% of business programs worldwide.
Outpatient Care Center Services Manager
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median annual salary for health services managers for outpatient care centers is $122,870.
Medical and Health Services Managers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median annual salary for medical and health service managers is $127,980.
Healthcare Management Curriculum
The time it takes to earn a degree will vary based on factors such as dual enrollment, remediation, and summer enrollment. Students meet with an academic advisor each semester and use Degree Works to monitor their progress.
In addition to the criteria established for general admission to graduate studies, applicants must have the following:
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (overall or in last 60 credit hours)
- Proof of an active healthcare professional or practitioner license OR one of the following:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of 147 for both Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning
- GMAT score ≥ 500
Probationary Admission Applicants who do not meet the general and/or program’s admission requirements (degree, GPA, or GMAT/GRE scores) may be considered for probationary admission upon approval by the graduate program coordinator. While under probation, students may enroll in nine credit hours of course work in their program area. The nine hours must be completed with 3.33 GPA or higher.
All undergraduate prerequisites must be satisfied before enrolling in a required core or elective course that require these foundation courses. Students without an undergraduate degree in business may need to complete the following required foundation coursework* with a minimum grade of C:
- MG301 Principles of Management
Statistics/Analytics (QM 257/PY 271/BA 601)
Management Information Systems (MI 375/BA 605) (required only for the Informatics option)
*Proficiency in these areas may be demonstrated through any of the following alternatives:
- A CLEP or DANTES exam if available. Credit will not be given for these courses with a passing grade on the exam, but a passing score will indicate proof of course knowledge.
- Applied knowledge of a given domain in the work environment. The extent to which relevant work experience demonstrates proficiency will be determined by the program director. Applicants who would like their work experience to be considered must submit a resume with their application.
- BA600 Organizational Behavior in Practice (3)
- BA620 Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods (3)
- BA656 Applied Human Resource Management (3)
- EC585 Healthcare Economics (3)
- HA681 Health Administration Policy (3)
Choose 3 hours:
- HA657 Applied Research Project in Healthcare (3)
- HA658 Internship in Healthcare (3)
Choose one with advice of program coordinator
- GR698 Master's Final Comprehensive Examination (0)
- GR699 Master's Oral Examintation (0)
Choose one of the following options
ADMINISTRATION (Choose 12 hours)
- HA510 Healthcare Performance Improvement (3)
- HA555 Fundamentals of Medical Practice Management (3)
- HA556 Topics in Healthcare Administration
- HA557 Healthcare Law and Regulatory Compliance (3)
- HA582 Healthcare Budgeting and Reimbursement (3)
- HA586 Healthcare Strategy and Marketing (3)
- BA630 Integrated Decision Information Systems (3)
- HA520 Introduction to Healthcare Quality (3)
- HA540 Healthcare Informatics (3)
- HA545 Healthcare Database Systems (3)
The accelerated Master of Science in Healthcare Management degree program allows undergraduate students to take up to 12 hours of classes in their senior year to count for both undergraduate credit and graduate credit.
Hours taken for a graduate certificate may also be applied to the MS in Healthcare Management.
- Junior standing with at least 75 credit hours completed
- Maximum of 12 credit hours, not to exceed 6 credit hours per semester, (500 level courses)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.25
- Submit formal application
What will it cost?
Harrison College of Business & Computing
This program is housed in the Harrison College of Business and Computing. The College prepares students for the global marketplace. Alumni work for some of the world’s largest corporations to some of today’s most innovative startups. The focus is on creating and innovating, data and trends, supported by faculty mentors who themselves are leaders in business and computing.
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.
Where Leadership Meets Healthcare
Online Learning at Southeast
When it comes to your success, we do whatever it takes. Online learning at Southeast takes the same reputable college courses taught by Southeast faculty and makes them available anytime, anywhere.
Getting the Job
Your education is just one piece to launching an extraordinary career. Once you’ve mastered the material, you still have to find the job you want, make the right connections, sell your knowledge and experience—and if all this is giving you anxiety, don’t panic. SEMO’s Career Services office is here to help you with the next step. They’ll provide the expertise and support you need, so you’re landing your dream job in no time.