Testing Services and Accessibility Services have established guidelines for Special Testing Accommodations available to students with disabilities to meet obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Students requesting special testing accommodations need to apply with Accessibility Services each semester. They are located in Crisp Hall Rooms 201-202. Special testing accommodations available include extended time, a solitary environment, use of computer/word processor, scribe, and/or a reader.
- Instructors will be notified of students requiring test accommodations due to a disability through a memo from Accessibility Services. Testing Services will have a copy of each student's faculty notification memo on file in order to identify/verify what appropriate accommodations are necessary.
- Faculty and students should discuss how testing accommodations will be provided to the student. If planning to use the resources of Testing Services, the student will need to schedule an appointment.
- One-Week notice is preferred to guarantee accommodations for an exam. This allows us to make sure we have your test or passwords before you arrive.
- Students must take their exam at the same time as the rest of their class with the exception of evening classes.
- Student accommodations will be met to the greatest extent possible. Students are assured "sufficient" not "preferred" accommodations under Section 504 and the ADA Preferences are not guaranteed nor required.
Accessibility Services develops an academic environment that is accessible and equitable to all. They work with students to identify barriers to success and address them.