We see the potential for success in all of our students and alumni, and we're glad you see that potential too! We offer an assortment of opportunities for employers to connect and recruit students and alumni.
InternshipsInternships offer a unique experience for students and employers to connect and share knowledge for both parties' benefit. Some employers may be looking to create internship opportunities for the first time or may be supervising interns for the first time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Career Services at (573) 651-2583 or by email at email@example.com.
Find the Right Fit
Handshake is an online resource connecting you with current students and alumni looking for employment and internship opportunities, primarily full-time. After setting up your profile, you are able to post internship and job opportunities, review resume books for ideal candidates, keep up-to-date on upcoming Career Services events, and much more!
Whether you want to participate in one of our larger Career Expos, or have a more personal on-campus presentation Career Services offers the recruitment formats you need to find the right candidates.
Recruit Redhawks with a Virtual Webinar
Mark your calendar now to attend a Career Expo at SEMO! These all-majors events are a great opportunity to connect with future interns and employees. Your attendance at a Career Expo will get your company noticed by talented Redhawks seeking internships and full-time positions. Our events typically sell out several weeks in advance, and we encourage you to secure your booth by registering early.
For-Profit/Non-Governmental - $350
Non-Profit/Governmental - $175
Registration fees may be paid online. Electronic payments will automatically receive an email receipt.
Register for a Career Expo
Payment, Cancellation, Refund, No Show, & Inclement Weather Policies for Career Expos
Cancellation requests should be sent via email to Amy Aldridge, Employer Relations Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org using the refund policy listed below:
- Up to 10 Days before the event: Once payment is made, a full refund will be granted if cancellation is requested via email by 5 p.m. (CST) 10 business days prior to the event.
- Less than 10 Days before the event: All cancellations after the 10 business day deadline will receive a refund of 50% of the total amount of registration fees paid up until the day of the event.
- Day of Event Cancellations: All cancellations on the day of the event will forfeit a refund. Please note, that organizations with outstanding fees will not be permitted to attend future career events until their account is paid in full.
If Southeast Missouri State University has announced a closure on the day of an event due to inclement weather, the Office of Career Services will decide if the event will continue by no later than 7 a.m. on the day of the event. Should inclement weather prevent an event from occurring, the Office of Career Services will attempt to reschedule the event.
- If a registered business or organization chooses to participate on the rescheduled date, all fees and cancellation policies will apply.
- If the organization chooses NOT to participate on the rescheduled date, a 100% refund will be granted.
- If an event cannot be rescheduled, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded to all registered organizations.
Companies and organizations who are unable to attend an event due to inclement weather in their area will receive a refund of 50%.
Policies & Procedures for Employers
Employers must subscribe to:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employer (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice.
- The Department of Labor laws and regulations.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recruitment and employment guidelines and laws.
Career Services reserves the right to refuse service to employers for factors such as the following:
- Misrepresentation by dishonesty or lack of information
- Complaints by students
- Harassment of Southeast State University students, alumni, faculty, or staff
- Breach of confidentiality
- Requiring, at the time of application, personal information such as bank and social security numbers
- Positions not likely of interest to college students or alumni
- Excessive outlay of personal funding required to obtain the position
- Failure to adhere to Career Services’ policies and/or any violation of Southeast State University rules and regulations, and local, state, or federal laws.
The Office of Career Services office contracts with Handshake. Handshake is a career services software system for students and alumni of Southeast Missouri State University and employers seeking Southeast candidates for employment. Students and alumni can view, correct or change their information by logging into their Handshake account. Students and registered alumni can post resumes, view and apply for jobs, and more. Employers can view, correct or change their information by logging into their Handshake account. Registered employers can post positions, view approved resume books, and more.
Career Services reserves the right to remove positions that meet one or more of the following criteria.
- Unrealistic travel expectations
- Upfront financial requirements
- Positions/internships that require unusual fees
- Too many optional locations/positions
- Internships without listed mentorship or learning component
- Requires degree not offered by our institution
The Office of Career Services is committed to complying with the ethical standards of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), and expects students to be honest and professional in the internship and job search process. We believe it is important for employers to be fully aware of the expectations we have of our student/alumni.
As a STUDENT/ALUMNI user of Handshake, students agree to:
- Provide current, accurate and truthful information about their qualifications and educational background on their online profile, resume, supplemental job search documents uploaded to the system, and in interactions with employers.
- Be responsible for selecting an internship or job position. Although Career Services reviews and approves all job vacancies, the posting of an internship or job in Handshake does not mean that Career Services is making any recommendation, representations or guarantees regarding the internship or job. Students and alumni are responsible for requesting additional information from a potential internship site or employer as necessary to make employment decisions.
- Keep all interview appointments with employers or notify employers and Career Services in advance of any emergency requiring cancelation of any commitments. Students and alumni are advised to cancel or reschedule interviews in advance and told that late cancellations or a “no-show” require an apology email or phone call to the employer.
- Accept interviews with employers in which they have a sincere interest and prepare for each professionally knowing that they represent both themselves and Southeast Missouri State University.
- Honor any acceptance of an internship or job offer. Once an offer is accepted, students and alumni are advised to withdraw from consideration for other opportunities and discontinue their job search. They are also advised to inform Career Services staff regarding any extenuating circumstances that may cause re-evaluation of any internship/job acceptance before notifying the employer.