SupportNET is a tool that provides an efficient way to quickly offer coordinated support to students ensuring they receive the right type of assistance/intervention to keep them on track. It’s also a tool to offer positive reinforcement to students. It's one more way you can contribute to their academic success by providing resources, coaching, or alerting a student in need.
SupportNET is a student success platform with the power to help engage, motivate, and graduate more students.
- A digital platform (powered by Starfish) that links students with faculty, advisors, and student services in a connected network.
- Simplifies communication between faculty and student services
- Empowering, efficient, engaging, and effective – SupportNET provides the right information to the right students at the right time!
Who supports the students I flag?
- Primary advisors can see flags raised on advisees to aid in advising and support.
- Other staff, with the appropriate permissions and relationships to the student, can see flags and provide outreach and support.
What’s New in SupportNET
- Kiosks – Standard, Self-Service, and Virtual (tracking – Meetings tab)
- Math Learning Centers
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Testing Services
- Student Financial Services
Coming Soon …
- Enroll in Canvas for Faculty/Staff
- Writing Center Referrals & check-in kiosk (tracking)
Want to learn more about how SupportNET can help your department?
Contact Verona Lambert - firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of the network!
Students, faculty and staff can log into SupportNET with your SE Key and password using the Southeast Portal, Canvas, or by going directly to SupportNET.
SupportNET by the Numbers
Raised Assignment Items
Over 16,000 items were submitted for faculty advisor engagement which increased student participation.
Courses were submitted for tracking purposes by faculty advisors.
Total Class Sessions
With over 9,000 class session attendance tracking, faculty saw a great improvement on student engagement.
SupportNET and FERPA
The Starfish (SupportNET) platform is FERPA compliant and, therefore, follows FERPA guidelines that protect the privacy of student education records. SupportNET is a resource used in supporting student success (like Degree Works, Banner, Portal, etc.). FERPA guidelines should always be considered when accessing student records.
Additional resources are available to assist with frequently asked questions and other support.
Help with SupportNET
How do I access SupportNET?
You can log into SupportNET through your student Portal, Canvas, or by going directly to supportnet.semo.edu with your SE Key and password.
Who do I contact for technical support?
Why can't I log-in?
- Try a different browser (Chrome typically works best)
- Clear cache from your browser - contact IT help desk for assistance - (573) 651-4357
- Try logging in from Portal or Canvas
Canvas Information Course
Enroll in our SupportNET course in Canvas for a convenient way to learn about SupportNET as well as useful resources to help you Succeed at Southeast.