Welcome to Southeast. We're happy you are starting your college experience here. Follow the steps below to apply for admission as a first-year student at Southeast. We can't wait to see what you do!
STEP 1: COMPILE ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, AND CREATE COPIES OF EACH IN PDF FORMAT
Required application documents include:
- Submitted transcripts in PDF format are considered unofficial. After an application is admitted, official copies of transcripts are required to be submitted before student can enroll in courses. See Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts and/or Test Scores. Review the Academic credential standards for transcripts to be official. Please ensure you mail the transcripts by the deadline listed under policies.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Test scores submitted by applicant are considered unofficial. After applicant is admitted, official test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency by the deadline listed under policies.
- Financial affidavit and proof of finances (see Financial Proof Standard)
- Web-only applicants are not required to submit proof of finances.
- Submitted financial documents must be dated within one calendar year of intended program start date.
- Passport copy
- Please include valid passport copies for all dependents listed on your application.
- Passport must be valid at least six months beyond the intended program start date.
- Standardized test scores (Optional for admission)
- ACT/SAT scores are not required for admissions, but may be used to qualify for merit-based scholarships and may be used for Math and English course placement.
- Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be official. Scholarship determination and course placement will only occur once official test results have been received from testing agency.
- If you are studying in the US, please submit the SEVIS Visa Status Verification Form. This form is a verification of your visa status, and not a request to transfer your SEVIS record to us. Please note that Southeast does NOT accept SEVIS record in terminated or completed status.
STEP 2: COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Go to our application page and create an account.
- Choose the level (Academic Level = Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Student Type= New First Time) and program you want to study, as well as the entry term you are applying for. Please be sure to complete your application before our posted Application Deadlines.
- Upload all required documents in the application. Important notes:
- All uploaded files must be in .pdf format
- If possible, save your .pdf files with your family name and name of document (e.g., Smith_transcript.pdf).
- Be sure to upload the required documents in the correct fields.
- Only one document can be uploaded into each field. Documents saved in an upload field will be deleted from the system when another document is uploaded.
- Submit the online application once all required documents are uploaded, and pay the $60 non-refundable application fee prior to our posted Application Deadlines.
- Arrange to have all required official transcripts and test scores sent to Southeast. See Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts and/or Test Scores.
- Southeast does not require a tuition deposit. First tuition payment is due at the beginning of the first semester.
- Merit-based scholarships will be listed on the Form I-20 (see requirements). Scholarships are based on current tuition rate, enrollment requirements, subject to terms and pending verification from Student Financial Services. Merit-based scholarships are determined before your first semester at Southeast. Students will be able to view the award once they are enrolled in classes.
- Admitted students should read their acceptance letter carefully for the conditions of admission and the next steps prior to enrollment.
- Review important information regarding arrival at SEMO.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website for travel advisories (the guidance may be subject to change so please ensure you check the website directly for current advisories).
- Please note admission is valid only for the semester listed on the admit letter and Form I-20. A new application is required for anyone seeking to defer admission
Office of International Education and Services
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza, MS 2000
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701