Ready to Take the Next Step? We’re Ready to Support You.
Whether you’re going to college for the first time, returning to school, or pursuing a graduate degree or certificate to advance your career, you’ll have a team of people ready to help you succeed. We’ll support you, so you’ll exceed your potential. That, along with our groundbreaking academics is how we ensure our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.
As an adult learner, it may have been a minute since you faced algebra or where the comma really goes. Whether you remember everything from high school or need some refreshing, we have centers to support you academically.
Most likely, you’re going to college because you want set yourself up for the future you want. We help you get there not just through your courses, but our Career Services office is here to help you plan for that future, too.
Military & Veterans
If you are a service member, veteran, or dependent, Southeast has an office dedicated to helping you with the application and financial aid process as well as providing support once you start at Southeast.
Not everyone’s schedule allows them to attend in-person classes. If earning your degree has to be balanced with work and family, Southeast Online may be for you. You’ll have the same professors who teach on campus, plus an office of advisors who understand the needs of online students.
Sometimes, life gets in the way. For many reasons students have to take a break from earning their education, and when you’re ready, we’re excited to help you continue your journey
- If you have not been enrolled in Southeast classes for one or more semesters and wish to return, submit the Application for Admission. If you have taken Southeast classes while in high school, you are not considered a returning student and need to apply as a beginning freshman.
- Request that official transcripts be sent from all colleges or universities attended since your last semester of enrollment at Southeast.
Credit from other institutions is accepted providing it applies toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of the Registrar at Southeast Missouri State University.
- If your name has changed since last enrollment at Southeast, please provide proof of name change.
A copy of one of the following documents is acceptable: state driver's license, official state identification card, U.S. passport, military identification, marriage certificate or divorce documents.
Send document to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-4799
Fax: (573) 651-5936
Note: Admission to the University does not indicate admission to programs that have additional admission criteria and/or specific prerequisites. For information on admission to programs, refer to our Undergraduate Bulletin.
- Upon admission to Southeast, you may complete the Contract for University Housing online via the My Southeast admitted student portal. A $150 housing deposit is required at the time of submission. If you have questions regarding the University’s residency requirements, please contact a customer service representative in the Office of Residence Life at (573) 651-2274 or your admission counselor.
- Complete your Housing Contract as soon as possible. December 1 is the Recommended Housing Contract Completion Date.
- The University will use your preference information to make room and roommate assignments in July.
- You and a parent (if you are a dependent student) should create an FSA ID. The FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information online and allows a parent of a dependent student to sign a child's FAFSA electronically.
- Complete the FAFSA online.
- February 1 is Southeast’s Priority Financial Aid Deadline. Applying by January 15 will improve your chances of receiving federal and institutional grant funds, low-interest loans, Federal Work Study, and financial aid from the state of Missouri.
- Financial aid awards will be emailed to your Southeast email.
- Visit our Veterans and Military Services site for information on using veterans benefits.
- Your admission letter will contain advising contact information. Contact your advisor to plan your semester and schedule courses.
Are you currently enrolled at another college or university and interested in taking a Southeast class? Southeast welcomes you to take classes as a visiting student. Visiting students are enrolled as non-degree-seeking students.
Please note that visiting students are classified as non-degree-seeking students, so they are not eligible for financial aid. If you would like to be admitted as a degree-seeking-student, please follow the Transfer Student Steps to Enrollment.
Get a Real Return on Investment
Invest in Yourself
It’s not too late and it’s not too difficult. If you’re ready to earn your degree or just get the process started, we’re here to help you each step of the way.