Online: Educational Leadership Degree Map
Explore the courses you'll need to complete your degree
Educational Leadership by the Numbers
Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for elementary, middle, and high school principals is $101,320.
You can finish the program in as little as five semesters with Southeast Online’s year round-classes.
Educational Leadership Administration Curriculum
The degree program is designed to be completed in five semesters including summer. Students should contact an academic advisor each semester and use Degree Works to monitor their progress. Students may begin the degree during any semester.
In addition to the criteria established for general admission to graduate studies, applicants must have the following:
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- A valid professional teaching certificate
- A resume showing two years of classroom teaching experience
International applicants must have a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 OR TOEFL score of 95. This requirement is for non- United States citizens who are not native English speakers. Students from the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are exempt from English proficiency verification.
Probationary admission will be considered by an admissions committee in a program area under the following conditions:
If the applicant presents a GPA that is 2.5 to 2.74, or, if the applicant has achieved a GPA of 3.0 during the last 60 hours of undergraduate work, the admissions committee may permit the student to take up to nine hours in the program area. The student will be required to achieve a grade of no less than ‘B’ in these nine hours of coursework to continue in the program.
Applicants who are denied admission have the option to appeal to the College of Education, Health, and Human Studies Admission Appeals Committee, which is composed of one representative from each program area offering a graduate program.
- EA610 Diversity and Equity in Schools (3)
- EA625 Foundations of Educational Leadership (3)
- EA634 School Supervision (3)
- EA651 School Law (3)
- EA653 Curriculum for Leaders (3)
- EA654 The Principalship (3)
- EA655 Leadership for Effective School Operations (3)
- EA660 Leadership in Special Education (3)
- EA663 Internship I: Leadership for Research in Action (3)
- EA664 Internship II: Leadership for Experiential Learning (3)
- GR698 Master's Final Comp Exam (0)
NOTE: The Educational Leadership major requirements are based on (1) the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), (2) National Education Leadership Preparation (NELP) standards, and (3) Missouri Leadership standards.
- EA655 Leadership for Effective School Operations
- EA660 Leadership in Special Education
- EA625 Foundations of Educational Leadership
- EA665 The Principalship
- EA653 Curriculum for Educational Leaders
- EA610 Diversity and Equity in Schools
- EA634 School Supervision
- EA646 Internship I: Leadership for Research in Action
- EA651 School Law
- EA656 Internship II: Leadership for Experiential Learning
- GR698 Comprehensive Examination
What will it cost?
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.
Where Leadership Meets Education
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
This degree is housed within the College of Education, Health and Human Studies. The college boasts programs that train students in mind, body, and soul. So, whether you want to teach, to care, to support, or to fix, we have a program to get you there.
Assistant professor in the Department of Leadership, Middle and Secondary Education
Online Learning at Southeast
When it comes to your success, we do whatever it takes. Online learning at Southeast takes the same reputable college courses taught by Southeast faculty and makes them available anytime, anywhere.
Getting the Job
Your education is just one piece to launching an extraordinary career. Once you’ve mastered the material, you still have to find the job you want, make the right connections, sell your knowledge and experience—and if all this is giving you anxiety, don’t panic. SEMO’s Career Services office is here to help you with the next step. They’ll provide the expertise and support you need, so you’re landing your dream job in no time.