Outcomes & Careers
Successful Outcomes Rate
Students graduating with degrees from the Department of Leadership, Middle and Secondary Education report being employed or furthering their education six months after graduation.
Postsecondary Education Administrator
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for a postsecondary education administrator is $115,200.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for an education administrator is $93,830.
What You'll Study
With a master’s degree in higher education administration, you’ll be prepared for a leadership position in a post-secondary setting. You will learn to design, conduct, critique, and use various research methodologies: critically assess student needs and design improvement programs: develop strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills: and critically assess higher education function and stucture.
Higher Education Administration
(36 hours required - 2.75 GPA)
- EA619 Research in the College Context (3)
- EA620 Foundations of Higher Education I (3)
- EA623 Principles & Practices Higher Education (3)
- EA624 Theories of Student Development (3)
- EA629 Internship in Higher Education (3)*
- EA633 Legal Aspects in Higher Education (3)
- PY571 Introduction to Behavioral Statistics (3)
Choose 15 hours:
- EA507 School and Campus Safety (3)
- EA615 Wellness in Higher Education (3)
- EA616 Strategic Enrollment Management in Higher Educ (3)
- EA621 Finance and Assessment in Higher Education (3)
- EA622 Found in Higher Ed II: Leadership (3)
- EA626 Introduction to Student Personnel (3)
- EA628 Teaching in Higher Education (3)
- EA629 Internship in Higher Education (3)*+
- EA632 Community College (3)
- EA638 Women in Higher Education (3)
- EA639 Ethics in Higher Education (3)
- EA643 Current Issues in Higher Education (3)
- EA670 Higher Education Capstone (3)
- SM540 Legal Aspects of Physical Activity and Sports (3)
- SM570 Management and Leadership in Sports Org (3)
- SM610 Principles & Practices of Sport Management (3)
- SM612 Current Topics, Issues, & Trends in Sports (3)
- SM655 Design and Operation of Sport-Related Facilities (3)
+Second internship in higher education
An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
Probationary admission will be considered under the following conditions:
- If the applicant presents a GPA that is 2.5 to 2.749
- or, if the applicant has achieved a GPA of 3.0 during the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
The graduate assistantship (GA) is designed to provide support during full-time graduate study. It’s an opportunity for the graduate students to serve in a professional role while establishing a professional relationship with faculty and administrators. In addition to a per year stipend, GAs gain valuable experience. There are two kinds of assistantships: teaching and administrative.
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is housed within the College of Education, Health and Human Studies. The college boasts programs that train students in mind, body, and soul. So, whether you want to teach, to care, to support, or to fix, we have a program to get you there.
Department of Leadership, Middle & Secondary Education - Accreditations
Graduate coordinators serve as the contact for graduate programs. The coordinators are most often faculty within the college which houses the program, helping you to get questions answered and first-hand knowledge of the degree requirements and placement opportunities.