Former members of the Board of Governors may be granted distinction to serve as a member of Southeast’s Board Emeriti Society in which members are expected to continue providing their expertise, contributions, and support of the university.
Guidelines & Procedures
I. Conferral of Title
The title "Board Emeritus" or "Board Emerita" may be granted by Resolution of the Board of Governors to those individuals who have served as members of Southeast Missouri State University's governing board and the quality of whose service is deserving of this distinction.
II. Membership in the Board Emeriti Society
Designation as a Board Emeritus or Board Emerita automatically confers membership in the Board Emeriti Society.
III. Mission of the Board Emeriti Society
The purposes and mission of the Board Emeriti Society shall be:
- to continue the members' long association with the University and former colleagues in mutually beneficial ways, without any other commitment.
- to enable the members to continue to contribute their expertise to the University community.
- to facilitate the ability of members to continue their support of worthwhile activities of the University and its associated organizations such as the Foundation and the Alumni Association.
- to facilitate the ability of members to support the University in its relations with Missouri State Government.
IV. Initial Membership
Upon adoption of this policy, all living former members of the Board of Governors shall be designated Board Emeritus or Board Emerita and shall become members of the Society. Sitting members of the Board of Governors shall not become members of the Board Emeriti Society until the expiration of their terms, but shall be entitled to attend all meetings of the Society.
The title "Board Emeritus" or "Board Emerita" shall be conferred upon those who have retired from the Board or resigned after completing at least three years as a Governor.
VI. Organization and Agenda of the Board Emeriti Society
The President of the Board of Governors shall serve ex-officio as chair of the Board Emeriti Society, which shall have no other officers or organizational structure. Meetings of the Emeriti Society shall be called by the chair at least once each year, and the agenda of such meetings shall be established by the chair after conferring with the other members of the Board of Governors.
VII. Methods of Recognition and Benefits of Membership in the Board Emeriti Society
Recognition of those persons granted Board Emeritus or Board Emerita status may be made in one or more of the following ways:
- A token of appreciation, such as a plaque or medallion.
- A resolution of thanks from the Board of Governors.
- Extension of special courtesies, such as:
- On-campus parking permit
- Library privileges
- Admission to cultural programs and athletic events
- Eligibility to attend social and ceremonial functions
- An annual dinner or reception to which all Board Emeriti are invited.
|Timothy Arbeiter||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Jennifer Bertrand||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Kay Schilly Brown||Plano||Texas|
|Christopher Davis||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Donald L. Dickerson||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Reginald Dickson||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Ann Dombrowski||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Scott D. Giles||Leander||Texas|
|Laura Hockensmith||St. Louis||Missouri|
|India Jeffrey||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Mary C. Kasten||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Jay B. Knudtson||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Donald G. LaFerla||Joplin||Missouri|
|Luke M. LeGrand||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Sarah J. Long||Poplar Bluff||Missouri|
|Edward C. Matthews III||Sikeston||Missouri|
|Thomas M. Meyer||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Sandra Moore||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Christie (Johnson) Nardozzi||Smyrna||Georgia|
|Kendra Neely-Martin||St. Louis||Missouri|
|Mark J. Pelts||Kennett||Missouri|
|Mike Pulliam||St. Peters||Missouri|
|Vicki Robben||St. Charles||Missouri|
|Gail Rosmarin||Poplar Bluff||Missouri|
|Al Spradling III||Cape Girardeau||Missouri|
|Ed Stoltz||St. Louis||Missouri|
|John C. Tlapek||Clayton||Missouri|
|Loretta F. Walker||Sacramento||California|
|Patricia Washington Vaughn||St. Louis||Missouri|