Some things are better together, and fitness classes are no exception! We offer a wide variety of group fitness classes at the Student Recreation Center. Whether you’re looking for a cardio workout, strength-based, or classes to strengthen your mind and flexibility, there’s a group class for you. You can find the most up-to-date schedule by downloading the SEMO Rec Services app on your phone.
- Drum to the Beat: Grab a pair of drumsticks and drum to the beat of the music in this pre-choreographed, fun fitness routine! This class involves dance, cardio moves, and strengthening exercises.
- RedhawkSHRED: Get ready to push yourself to the limit for short bursts of time and learn cr eative total body movements during your recovery between intervals. This class is done using your body, movement, and occasionally a variety of fitness equipment.
- Kick and HIIT: T his class incorporates basic self-defense movements with high-intensity, cardio exercises including the use of weights, steps, and other equipment. This intense full-body workout burns calories while teaching core concepts of self-defense, set to short-intervals measured by upbeat music.
- Barre: The Barre system is designed to use small isometric movements in order to help re-shape your body. This workout draws from the three disciplines of ballet: barre work, yoga, and Pilates. This workout offers fast body-shaping results and long-term postural benefits utilizing the ballet barre to perform small movements set to fun music.
- RedhawkPUMP : Take it back to basic core strengthening moves such as squats, lunges, chest presses, rows, shoulder presses, dead lifts, et c., in this fun strength-building weight training class. You’ll use barbells, dumbbells, bands , and other weight equipment during this class.
Mind-Body & Flexibility Classes
- Aerial Yoga : Using a yoga hammock or silks, participants will work with gravity to explore, refine, and advance yoga postures both in the air and on the ground. You’ll relax and realign your body, center your mind, and uplift your spirit during this class. Only eight participants are allowed per class. Sign up on IMLeagues .
- Candlelit Yoga: Relax in a dark, candlelit room as your body flows through a variety of yoga poses and postures.
- Yoga: In this traditional yoga class, the disciplines of mindful breathing and proper alignment of the body in asana will be incorporated. Practicing yoga improves overall health and well-being by increasing flexibility, strength, and calmness of mind. You are encouraged to bring a yoga mat, but we do have some extras available.
- Power Yoga: This is a more dynamic version of traditional yoga. It’s faster and more intense with a focus on building strength and flexibility, with less emphasis on meditation or deep breathing.
Fall 2023 Group Fitness Schedule
For current Group Fitness Schedules please see our SEMO Recreation Services app.
|Time||Day of Week|
|6 a.m. - 6:50 a.m.|
|10:30 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.|
|12 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.|
|5:30 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.|
|6:30 p.m. - 7:20 p.m.|
|7:30 p.m. - 8:20 p.m.|
Fitness Activities at the SRC
Rent an Instructor
You can actually ‘rent’ one of Rec Service’s group Fitness Instructors for your student group, club, or office, to get a workout of your choice. Or they can teach great tips and give ideas on how to stay healthy and get in shape with a busy lifestyle. They can come to you, or you can visit them in the Rec Center.
Group Fitness Policies
- All participants must sign in prior to participating in class activities through IMLeagues.com, the imleagues app, or on the iPad with your instructor when you arrive to class. It is best to sign up ahead of time to reserve your spot for those classes with a maximum capacity.
- Entry after the first five minutes or the warm-up segment is not recommended.
- All participants must have a SRC membership or Group Fitness Pass to attend a group fitness class. You can purchase your pass at imleagues.com or stop in the main office of the Rec Center. A semester pass is $45 which includes unlimited classes or pay $4 per class.
- Group Fitness Semester Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. They are only valid for the current semester.
- Classes with two or less participants are subject to cancellation.
- Classes that get cancelled due to low attendance for three consecutive weeks will be removed from the schedule.