University Tutorial Services is provided through Learning Assistance Programs and is nationally certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). Tutoring is available for enrolled University undergraduate students.
There are several different types of assistance you can receive to help you be successful in your courses. From learning assistants to work one on one with you to sessions devoted to particular classes, you'll have options to make sure you're getting all you can from your classes.
Tutoring is provided through scheduled appointments and is provided on the Cape Girardeau campus as well as at the regional campuses. Tutoring is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional hours of tutoring are considered on a case by case basis. University Tutorial Services will make every effort to match all requests received, but they cannot guarantee tutor availability for all courses.
Do you need a little extra assistance with one of your courses? That's what we're here for. To sign-up for a tutoring session, please access the Tutorial Database.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is provided through Learning Assistance Programs. SI sessions are designed to assist students in increasing their understanding of course lectures, class readings, and mastering course concepts. SI is accredited through the International Center for Supplemental Instruction.
Requests for tutorial assistance must be submitted online using the Tutorial Database. The Tutorial Database is a great way to keep track of your tutoring sessions and manage your appointments.
- Select Request Learning Assistant next to your course.
- Once you select the course, select whether you want an in-person or virtual session. Based on your selection, appointments of that type will appear.
- All of the available appointments in the database will appear. Select the day and indicate a time.
- Once your preferences have been selected, all Learning Assistants who match the preferences will be displayed.
- Once you have selected a Learning Assistant, press Request Appointment.
- If the appointment request has been accepted by our system, a pop-up screen will appear confirming the appointment was accepted. The appointment will then display under Existing Tutoring Appointment Schedule and have a Pending status.
- When the appointment is approved, you will receive an email in your Southeast email account from email@example.com informing you that your appointment has been approved and outlining the specifics of your session.
- Please note your tutorial appointment is not approved until you receive an approval email from University Tutorial Services.
- If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, please contact University Tutorial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutorial Session Not Available for Your Course If the appointment times do not work for you, select I Am Unable to Attend at These Times. This will send a notification to University Tutorial Services. If you wish to provide availability, select Be Added to Waiting List. This will direct you to a survey where you can list your session preferences and availability. As a session within your availability becomes available, you will be paired with the Learning Assistant. If you select a course in which we do not have a Learning Assistant, a notification will be sent to University Tutorial Services.
The tutorial session should only be terminated in the system if:
- The current session time no longer works for you and you need a new session time
- Tutorial support is no longer needed
- Select Request Removal next to your appointment
- Once this termination has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email. A new request cannot be submitted until the first request has been terminated.
If you are unable to keep your appointment for your initial tutoring session or ANY subsequent tutoring session, it is the policy of University Tutorial Services that you MUST contact Learning Assistance Programs at least 24 hours in advance of the session notifying us of your cancellation. It is also required that you contact your tutor, whose email address is copied in the “cc:” box of the matched email you will receive.
If you fail to contact our office and your tutor 24 hours in advance of your appointment and you miss that appointment, you will be dropped from the program. You will then need to submit another tutorial request using the Tutorial Database.
In case of an emergency which makes it impossible for you to contact the office and your tutor 24 hours in advance, it is your responsibility to provide appropriate documentation to the office within 48 hours of your missed appointment. If documentation is not provided, it is left to the discretion of University Tutorial Services staff and your tutor to make a determination as to whether or not you will be dropped from the program.
The Center for Writing Excellence provides writing support to the faculty, staff, and students of Southeast, as well as writers from beyond the campus. The Center works with students to strengthen their drafts and improve their writing skills.
The Mathematics Learning Center is staffed with faculty, graduate assistants, and student workers who can assist you with your math courses.
Tutoring Services is also available online! Sign-up to receive virtual tutoring sessions from a trained tutor.
Join the Learning Assistance Programs team to assist other students with classes similar to yours.