See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:Office of International Education and Services faculty and staff have returned to
work in the International Village, and are currently available Monday through Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, in an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19
virus, we are taking the following precautions:
• Following the University’s “Protect the Nest” plan, face coverings are required for all visitors to the International Village.
• We will continue using technology to limit face to face meetings as much as possible.
Please call (573-986-6863) or email (email@example.com) before coming to the
• International Student Services is not holding drop-in office hours. Please contact
Dr. Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues related to international student regulations.
• We encourage anyone who does visit the International Village to bring a computer
or smart phone. For visitors who do not contact us beforehand, we will use a virtual
meeting system to allow the visitor to speak with an OIES representative. Having your
own device will make this process simpler and safer.
• Click here for details on all the precautions Southeast has taken in response to the pandemeic.International Admissions Inquiries
In response to the COVID-19, we are making several accommodations to our international
admissions process. Some of them are:
- Students will have the option to begin their program online with the intent to come to campus to finish their degree as soon as it is possible.
- If you’ve already submitted an application: You will be sent an email once you are
admitted with instruction on how to choose this option.
- If you have not submitted an application yet: You can choose this option in the online
application by choosing the “Web Only” campus, then answering “Yes” to the question
that follows about their intent to complete their program at Southeast’s Main Campus
in beautiful Cape Girardeau.
- Admission decisions can be made for first-time undergraduate and graduate applicants
with unofficial transcripts and test scores. (Transfer students, however, will still
be required to submit official documents.
- We are now accepting the results of in-person tests such as GRE, GMAT, IELTS, and Duolingo.
Intensive English Programs’ Revised Fee Structure to Support Student Success at Southeast
The Southeast Missouri State University Board of Regents today, Dec. 18, approved a flat program fee structure for the Premium Immersion Program and the Online Intensive English Program offered by Southeast’s Office of International Education and Services (IES). The new fee structure will be $2,750 per 8-week session for both programs, and will take effect [...]
DeArman Awarded ‘Most Innovative International Initiative’ Award by NAFSA
Dr. Brooke DeArman, assistant director of international student services at Southeast Missouri State University, has been awarded the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA): Association of International Educators Region IV’s “Most Innovative International Initiative Award.” DeArman was recognized for the national anthem performances videos she made during the spring 2020 semester. DeArman said, “I’m [...]
Southeast Celebrating Cultural Diversity in November with Carpe Diem, International Education Week
Southeast Missouri State University will celebrate Carpe Diem and International Education Week (IEW) with a variety of in-person and virtual events to showcase the countries and cultures represented in the campus community. Campus Life and Event Services and the Office of International Education and Services have partnered with several organizations on campus to offer a [...]
Southeast Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Southeast Missouri State University celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month to commemorate Hispanic heritage and culture. The month of celebration features events, a scholarship and a new initiative aiming to increase enrollment. Hispanic Heritage Month is also an opportunity to recognize the many contributions of individuals with Hispanic heritage, said Sonia Rucker, vice president for equity, access [...]