The Department's Industrial Advisory Committee was created for the purpose of providing input and recommendations for making improvements to the various programs within the Department of Engineering & Technology at Southeast Missouri State University. The primary focus is for our undergraduate programs, especially the programs in Technology Management, Engineering Physics, Engineering Technology, and Industrial & Systems Engineering.
The committee’s function is advisory and focused on the following responsibilities.
- Assess and validate the curricula so that it meets the workforce needs of the industries in the region.
- Periodically review and assess program educational objectives and outcomes.
- Evaluate program outcomes and formulate recommendations for the improvement of curriculum, laboratories, equipment, and other program resources.
- Identify additional instructional resources and learning experiences to enhance experience of students in the program.
- Promote by assisting in identifying research and employment opportunities for graduates.
- Members of the Industrial Advisory Board are selected by the department to adequately represent the areas of the program. The membership list is reviewed annually.
- Advisory members will constitute individuals with engineering, technical, technical management, and other leadership positions in industry who are willing to provide constructive feedback on our programs. The member must be in a position related to one our program options or supervise such a position.
- Members typically represent industries within the geographic service region of Southeast Missouri State University. Exceptions are made for departmental alumni or supervisors of departmental alumni beyond our region.
- Members are selected for a four-year term or until they no longer meet the requirements above. Terms may be renewed.
- Alan Wire
- Toyoda Gosei
- Newell Companies (Rubbermaid)
- Automation and Controls Concepts
- City of Cape Girardeau
- University of Arkansas
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- Drury Southwest
- Schaefer's Electrical Enclosures
- Jackson R-2 School District
- Perry County Schools
- Rhodes 101
- Delta Companies
- Turner Construction
- Robinson Construction
- Drury Inn Architects
- Lidar USA
- Great Lakes Drone
- National Geospatial Intelligience Agency
- SM Wilson
- Bastian Solutions
- Magnitude 7 Metals
Polytechnic Building 216
One University Plaza, MS 6825
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701