So you’re planning a visit to Southeast. While we hope you’ll instantly feel at home with us and want to extend your visit to a four-year stay, sometimes it’s hard to get a good feel for what life on campus will be like in one short visit. To help you make the most of your campus visit, here are a few tips from our Southeast Admissions counselors.
Before You Visit
- Review your confirmation packet. Take a look at your confirmation packet ahead of time, so you’ll know where to park and what building you’re going to.
- Plan ahead for special requests. We want you to get the most out of your campus visit. If you want to meet with faculty members, tour the River Campus or have other special requests, schedule your campus visit at least two weeks in advance, so we have time to fulfill your requests.
During Your Visit
- Get involved. Don’t just go through the motions on your campus tour. If you see something that interests you, ASK. Chances are, we can show you!
- Be realistic. Don’t let one day of bad weather ruin your first impression of campus. It rains everywhere!
- Grill your Tour Guide They’re here to help, so ASK QUESTIONS. Wondering what the campus experience is like? Ask them why they chose Southeast. You’ll probably be able to relate to their story.
- Take notes and pictures – You’ll see a lot during your visit. Take pictures and notes to help jog your memory later about all the amazing things Southeast has to offer!
Before You Go…
- Don’t forget to check out the community. – If you choose Southeast, you’ll be spending the next four years with us. Take some time to explore Cape. We have a lot of local restaurants with fabulous food – be sure to check out at least one!
Ready to sign up for a tour of Southeast? Register for a personal tour or special event.