Learn the answers to our most frequently asked questions about Wintersession courses.
- Sign in to my.semo.edu using SE Key
- In the search box, type “Look Up Classes”
- Select “Look-Up Classes” option from the selection list
- Select the Spring 2023 term and click “Submit”
- Click the “Advanced Search” button
- Highlight all the subject fields with your mouse
- In the Part of Term field, select “Wintersession"
- Click the "Section Search" button
- Monday, December 19th
- Wintersession Begins
- Tuesday, December 20th
- Last Day to Add Wintersession Classes
- Last Day to Drop Wintersession Classes with 100% Refund
- Thursday, December, 22nd
- Last Day to Drop Wintersession Classes with Partial Refund
- Tuesday, January 3rd
- Last Day to Audit or Take as Pass/Fail a Wintersession Class
- Thursday, January 5th
- Last Day to Drop a Wintersession Class
- Friday, January 13th
- Final Exams for Wintersession Classes
- Tuesday, January 17
- Last day to return textbooks for Wintersession Classes
The University is closed from December 24 through January 3 over the winter break. Tech Support, however, will be available to you throughout most of the Wintersession via email or telephone. View tech support operating hours over break.
If you need tech support over the Wintersession -
Portal is available to make registration changes from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily. The portal should be operational throughout the Wintersession except for a short-scheduled maintenance period. If you want to drop your Wintersession course and it is not past the drop deadline, simply go to the portal and use the Add/Drop Classes function easily found from the search bar. You will need your spring PIN to drop the class, so make sure you save it; your academic advisor will not be available during the break to provide your spring PIN.
There are two ways to get your rental textbooks:
- You can order rental textbooks online through textbook rental website.
- You can pick up rental books in person beginning December 12 in the basement of Kent Library. (You must have your Southeast ID and a copy of your schedule.)
Textbook Rental will be closed December 23, 2022 – January 2, 2023. Books are due by January 17, 2022. Books shipped with a postmark on or before January 17 will be considered on time. Please return
Wintersession books by January 17, 2023 to ensure students taking the course in January will have a book.
For retail books go online through the bookstore website or go to the Southeast Bookstore, 1st Floor UC. Books from Southeast Bookstore can be shipped to 388 N. Henderson, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Students who are shipping their books should get a tracking number for the package.