Learn the answers to our most frequently asked questions about Wintersession courses.
- Sign in to portal using SE Key
- Choose "Student SS” tab
- Click “Look-Up Classes”
- Select the Spring 2021 term and click “Submit”
- Click the “Advanced Search” button
- Highlight all the subject fields with your mouse
- In the Part of Term field, select “Winter
- Monday, December 20
- Wintersession Begins
- Tuesday, December 21
- Last Day to Add Wintersession Classes
- Last Day to Drop Wintersession Classes with 100% Refund
- Thursday, December, 23
- Last Day to Drop Wintersession Classes with Partial Refund
- Tuesday, January 4
- Last Day to Audit or Take as Pass/Fail a Wintersession Class
- Thursday, January 6
- Last Day to Drop a Wintersession Class
- Friday, January 4
- Final Exams for Wintersession Classes
- Monday, January 17
- Last day to return textbooks for Wintersession Classes
The University is closed from December 24 through January 3 over the winter break. Tech Support, however, will be available to you throughout most of the Wintersession via email or telephone. View tech support operating hours over break.
The portal should be operational throughout the Wintersession except for a short-scheduled maintenance period. If you want to drop your Wintersession course and it is not past the drop deadline, simply go to the portal and use the Add/Drop Classes function on the Student tab. You will need your spring PIN to drop the class, so make sure you save it; your academic advisor will not be available during the break to provide your spring PIN.
There are two ways to get your rental textbooks:
- You can order rental textbooks online through textbook rental website.
- You can pick up rental books in person beginning December 13 in the basement of Kent Library. (You must have your Southeast ID and a copy of your schedule.)
Textbook Rental will be closed December 23, 2021 – January 1, 2022. Books are due by January 17, 2022. Books shipped with a postmark on or before January 17 will be considered on time. Please ship to
Textbook Rental, 610 Washington Ave., North Dock, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Students who are shipping their books should get a tracking number for shipping verification.
For retail books, go online through the bookstore website or go to the Southeast Bookstore on the
first floor of the UC. The Southeast Bookstore will be open December 13–18 and 20–22, 2021, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m., and they will close to the public at noon on December 23 and reopen on January 3, 2022. Books from Southeast Bookstore can be shipped with a postmark date no later than January 17, 2022 to 388 N. Henderson, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Students who are shipping their books should get a tracking number for the package.