Computer information systems teaches software development in focused application areas.
Computer science focuses more deeply on the scientific, engineering, and theoretical
aspects of computing. The goal of both programs is the education of software developers
– the people who create the software tools and systems that are used by others.
What You'll Do
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of computing and mathematics.
- Demonstrate fundamental software engineering skills on a nontrivial project to the
satisfaction of a client.
- Demonstrate programming proficiency in a modern language.
- Be prepared to enter the workforce or be accepted into the graduate school of their
What You'll Study
- IS175 Computer Information Systems I
- IS245 Web Development & Security
- IS340 Information Technology
- IS445 Systems Analysis & Design
View College Page