I am a tenured Professor of Statistics in the Department of Mathematics, Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. I have more than 20 years of teaching experience at the university level. Earlier, I graduated from the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Mississippi State University with a Ph.D. in Statistics in August 1999.
I have taught a variety of courses ranging from college algebra to graduate-level statistics courses.
I have had extensive experience with graduate student research, serving on several Master’s thesis committees, both for mathematics/statistics students and students in other departments. I have directed nine M.N.S graduates.
My current research interest is in applying machine learning methods to large data sets to identify predictors and develop predictive models. I am also interested in the problem of the imputation of missing values in the categorical response variables. I am working on a paper where we use cancer stage outcome as the categorical response. The paper compares various methods of imputation on a real dataset.
I have published and presented my research in multiple professional journals and conferences.
I have served on various department, college, and university-level committees.
I love to play cricket and badminton.
- Prateek Gautam and Pradeep Singh, (2020), A Machine Learning Approach to Identify Socio-Economic Factors Responsible for Patients Dropping out of Substance Abuse Treatment, American Journal of Public Health Research, 8(5):140-146.
- Jianmin Pan, Shesh Rai, Pradeep Singh, Melissa M. Hudson, and Deo K. Srivastava, (2014), Estimating Adverse Outcome Incidence Rate Imputing Partial Status with Application to a Phase IV Cancer Trial, JSM Proceedings, Section on Statistical Computing, Alexandria, VA; American Statistical Association, 3541-3555.
- Jennifer Pajda, Pradeep Singh and John Scheibe, (2013), Persistence of a Swamp Rabbit Metapopulation: The Incidence Function Model Approach, International Journal of Ecology & Development, 25 (2), 1-20.
- Pratik Sinha, Nicholas Fauvel, Pradeep Singh and Neil Soni, (2013), Analysis of Ventilatory Ratio as a Novel Method to Monitor Ventilatory Efficiency at the Bedside, Critical Care, 17: R34.
- Abhineet Sheoran, Kwang-il Jeong, Jean Mukherjee, Anthony Wiffin, Pradeep Singh, and Saul Tzipori, (2012), Biodistribution and Elimination Kinetics of Systemic Stx2 by the Stx2A and Stx2B Subunit-Specific Human Monoclonal Antibodies in Mice, BMC Immunology, 13:27.
- Abhineet Sheoran, Anthony Wiffin, Giovanni Widmer, Pradeep Singh, and Saul Tzipori1, (2012), Infection with Cryptosporidium Hominis Provides Incomplete Protection of the Host Against Cryptosporidium Parvum2, Journal of Infectious Diseases, 205(6): 1019–1023.
- Pradeep Singh and Shesh N. Rai, (2010), On Testing for Significant Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) Effects when Variances are Unequal, 2010 Proceedings of the conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, Kansas State University, 186-201.
- Kwang-il Jeong, Susan Chapman-Bonofiglio, Pradeep Singh, Jongo Lee, Saul Tzipori, Abhineet S Sheoran,(2010), In vitro and In Vivo Protective Efficacies of Antibodies that Neutralize the RNA N-glycosidase Activity of Shiga toxin 2, BMC Immunology, 11:16.
- Pradeep Singh, Dayana Dominic, and Kuldeep K. Saxena,(2009), A New Test for Significant Quantitative Trait Loci (QTL) Effect, JSM Proceedings, Biometrics Section, Alexandria, VA; American Statistical Association, 5232-5246.
- Khamis Imad, Pradeep Singh, and Higgins James, (2005), Hotelling’s T2 Approximation for Bivariate Mixed Data, 2004 Proceedings of the conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, Kansas State University, 241-254.
- Pradeep Singh, Khamis Imad, and Higgins James, (2004), Hotelling’s T2 Approximation for Bivariate Dichotomous Data, 2003 Proceedings of the Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, Kansas State University, 218-226.
- Sheoran A.S., Chapman Susan, Pradeep Singh, Donohue-Rolfe Arthur, and Tzipori Saul, (2003), Stx2-Specific Human Monoclonal Antibodies Protect Mice against Lethal Infection with Escherichia coli Expressing Stx2 Variants, Infection and Immunity, 71(6), 3125-3130.
- Pradeep Singh, Saxena K.K., and Srivastava O.P., (2002), Power Comparisons of Solutions to the Behrens-Fisher Problem, American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences, 22, (3 & 4) 233-250.
- Pradeep Singh, Saxena K.K., and Srivastava O.P., (1995), Comparison of Powers of Two Solutions of Behrens-Fisher Problem – A Monte Carlo Study, STATISTICA, anno LV (2), pp. 147-154.