Navigating the world of meal plans and dining options on campus can be a bit confusing, especially for a new Redhawk. You've got questions and that's okay. We've got answers! Whether you're a freshman or a seasoned upperclassman, this guide to meals, flex dollars, and redbucks will help you dine like a pro at Southeast.
Let's start simple. You can use your meals at three locations on campus; Towers Landing, Houck's Place, and St. Vincent's Commons.
- Your meals for the entire semester are pre-loaded onto your Southeast Student ID card. This means you're all set to enjoy your meals without the hassle of carrying extra cards or cash.
- You can use your meal plan multiple times during a single visit. So, if you're craving a big breakfast or a late-night snack, your meal plan has you covered.
- You can also use a meal to pay for a guest, making it easy to share a meal and quality time with your off-campus friends or loved ones.
Flex dollars vs. Redbucks
Flex dollars come with your meal plan and are stored on your Student ID. They are like your flexible dining currency. They offer you a dollar-for-dollar value and can be used at any dining location on campus. Flex can be used at any campus dining location to buy additional meals, snacks, or drinks. Don't foget, flex dollars automatically transfer to your spring semester meal plan, so you can continue to dine with ease.
Redbucks are like your secret weapon. If you run out of flex dollars, you can always purchase and use Redbucks! ! That goes for commuters too. If you commute to campus, save yourself the trouble of using your wallet and purchase redbucks! They roll over from one semester to the next, so you can build up your balance over time. To get your redbucks, simply purchase your desired amount and have it loaded onto your Southeast Student ID card. You can do this at the SEMO Dining Main office or online at dineoncampus.com/semo.
Things to remember:
- Meal Plan Requirement: If you're living on campus, keep in mind that you're required to have a meal plan as per your housing contract.
- Meal Plan Changes: Any changes to your meal plan must be made through Residence Life.
- Special Dietary Needs: If you have dining restrictions, food allergies, or questions about eating healthy on campus, Molly Clark, our campus nutritionist, is here to help. Reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep an Eye on Your Balance: Your Student ID serves as your "credit card" at SEMO Dining locations. To check your balance, simply visit the Chartwells balance within the Student SS tab in your portal.
When you're ready to select your meal plan, here's how to go about it:
- Select with Housing: If you're living on campus, you can choose your meal plan when you're selecting your housing. It's all part of the package!
- Meals Only Contract: If you prefer a meals-only plan, you can purchase it through Residence Life.
- Add More Redbucks: Want to boost your dining power even further? You can easily add redbucks to your account.
What happens to the meals I don’t eat at the end of the semester?Meals do not carry over to the next semester. Meal plans can be changed anytime during the first 8 weeks of the semester, so as you settle into campus, make sure you have the right plan for you.
How do I change my meal plan?
You can submit a meal plan change request anytime within the first 8 weeks of the semester. To make a change visit the Office of Residence Life (Towers Complex 102).
How do I check my meal plan?
You can check your meal and flex balance at any time in the Student Portal! Search for “Chartwells balance.” Bookmark the tab for easy reference later.
What are my meal plan options (per semester)?
- Meal Plan 275 - $1,835
- 275 meals per semester and $211 flex dollars for the semester
- Meal Plan 180 - $1,575
- 180 meals per semester and $369.50 flex dollars for the semester
- Meal Plan 120 - $1,630
- 120 meals per semester and $824 flex dollars for the semester
- Meal Plan 75 - $1,750
- 75 meals per semester and $1,093 flex dollars for the semester
- Meal Plan 90 - $1,070
- 90 meals per semester
What are the benefits of signing up for a meal plan?
- It can save you money!
- You won’t have to race back to your room to cook up a meal.
- Eat with your friends!
- Commuter students who sign up for a meal plan receive the same great benefits as resident students.
- No dishes!
Be sure to check out menus, locations, and hours of service with SEMO Dining!