Minors are a secondary area of academic focus.
This can be helpful if you have several areas you’d like to study but don’t want to do a double major. A minor can complement your main course of study by enhancing the value of your major, helping you to find an area of specialization within your major. Or, your minor can just be something you really enjoy and want to know more about. Some degrees require a minor.
(18 Hours Required)
- PL120 Symbolic Logic I (3)
- PL300 Ancient Philosophy (3)
- PL390 Contemporary Philosophy (3)
Choose 3 hours from:
- PL110 Readings in Philosophy (3)
- PL203 Aesthetics and the Arts (3)
- PL204 Ethical Theory (3)
- PL245 Social and Political Philosophy (3)
- RS101 World Religions (3)
Choose 6 Hours PL courses (300-400 level) or any departmentally approved courses with a UI prefix
Become a Redhawk.
Do more than dream about the future. Take the first steps to make it all happen.