Minors are a secondary area of academic focus.
This can be helpful if you have several areas you’d like to study but don’t want to do a double major. A minor can complement your main course of study by enhancing the value of your major, helping you to find an area of specialization within your major. Or, your minor can just be something you really enjoy and want to know more about. Some degrees require a minor.
The Latin American Studies minor curriculum provides knowledge and skills that have immediate practical application and are in high demand across a wide variety of careers and professions.
Latin American Studies Minor
- SN xxx Spanish Language (6)
Choose 3 hours from:
- SN 300 Spanish American Culture (3)
- WH 130 Latin American Civilization (3)
Choose 9 hours from:
- AN 360 Mesoamerica (3)
- EH 520 History of Spain and Portugal (3)
- SN 306 Civilization of Spain (3)
- WH 520 Latin American Colonial History (3)
- WH 522 History of South America (3)
- WH 524 History of Mexico (3)
- XX 300-500 Latin American Literature Course (3)