This option is for the students preparing to apply for admission into a professional
school in one of the following areas: allopathic medicine, osteopathic medicine, chiropractic
medicine optometry, or dentistry. Students interested in biomedical research may also
consider this option. The curriculum includes supporting chemistry, physics, and mathematics
What You'll Do
- Meet with their advisor each semester to assess their progress towards admission to
a professional school.
- Take a core of courses that prepares them in any area of biology.
- Take rigorous coursework in animal physiology and molecular genetics which are required
for most medical schools.
- Select additional electives in virology, immunology, pathogenic bacteriology, epidemiology,
health physics, and toxicology.
- Complete 80 hours (for 2 credit hours) of experiential learning, usually shadowing
doctors and nurses.
- Complete additional coursework in organic chemistry, physics, and mathematics to make
them competitive for admission to medical schools.
- Attend classes in the renovated Magill Hall furnished with modern equipment.
What You'll Study
- BI163 Evolution & Ecology
- BI283 Genetics
- CH186 Foundations of Inorganic Chemistry
- CH341 Foundations of Organic Chemistry
View College Page