Office: Scully 427E
- Ph.D., School Psychology, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.S., Psychology (clinical emphasis), Mississippi State University
- B.S., Psychology, Southeast Missouri State University
- UI100 First Year Seminar
- PY101 Psychological Perspectives on Human Behavior
- PY120 The Child: Development from Conception to Adolescence
- PY220 Development Across the Lifespan
- PY222 Development of the Adolescent
- PY230 Ethics and Diversity in Psychology
- PY250 Applied Psychology
- PY440 Abnormal Psychology
- PY495 Internship in Psychology
- PY555 Health Psychology
- Engagement in the classroom and classroom environment factors; Faculty-student rapport
building; Impact of psychological disorders
- Psychology Assessments (learning disabilities, psychological evaluations, PTSD evaluations)
- Beaujean, A. A., & Guiling, S. F. (2006). The lynn-flynn effect. The School Psychologist,
- Wells-Parker, E., Ceminsky, J., Hallberg, V., Snow, R. W., Dunaway, G., Guiling, S.,
Williams, M., & Anderson, B. (2002). An exploratory study of the relationship between
road rage and crash experience in a representative sample of U. S. drivers. Accident
Analysis and Prevention, 34, 271-278.
- Overbey, G. A U., & Guiling, S. F. (1999). Student perceptions of plagiarism and the
evaluation of assignments. Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 10, 3-22.
- Brooks, D. R., & Guiling, S. F. (2014, May). Personal choice in classroom seating,
perceptions of classroom environment, and expected academic outcomes. Poster to be
presented at the annual meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago,
- Knoop, A. J., & Guiling, S. F. (2004, October). Learning (dis)Abilities. Presentation
at the annual meeting of the Missouri Learning Disabilities Association, Osage Beach,
- Peugh, J., Ceminsky, J., Guiling, S., & Wells-Parker, E. (2000, March). Predicting
DUI recidivism using psychometric tests and personal history data. Paper presented
at the biennial conference of the American Psychology-Law Society, New Orleans, LA.
- Short, R. J., Roper, J., Fleming, P. R., Guiling, S. F., & Warner, L. S. (2002, April).
Engagement and academic outcomes in American Indian children. Poster presented at
the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
- Wells-Parker, E., Guiling, S. F., Ceminsky, J. L. (2000, March). Validation of risk
reduction instruments for drink/drive offenders: The AUDIT. Paper presented at the
annual meeting of the Southeastern Psychological Association, New Orleans, LA
- Wolf, N. R., & Guiling, S. F. (2014, May). Initial construction of an instrument designed
to identify limerence in individuals. Poster to be presented at the annual meeting
of the Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
- Wolfmeyer, M. A., Knoop, A. J., & Guiling, S. F. (2002, February). Specific learner
characteristics of university students with math difficulties. Paper presented at
the annual meeting of the National Association of School Psychologists, Chicago, IL.
- Wright, D. M., & Guiling, S. F. (2004, October). Issues of transition and adjustment:
Tending to the affective needs of college students. Presentation at the annual meeting
of the Missouri Learning Disabilities Association, Osage Beach, MO.
- Zlokovich, M. S., Guiling, S., & Lunn, S. (2014, May). College student study habits
and retention to graduation: A 20-year longitudinal study. Poster to be presented
at the annual meeting of the Association of Psychological Science, San Francisco,