Ph.D.(2000) Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
M.S. (1997) Electrical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
M.S. (1989) Physics, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou (China).
B. S. (1986) Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University, Beijing (China).
2007 - Present
Southeast Missouri State University
Assistant/ Associate/ Professor
2001 – 2007
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
2000 – 2001
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1989 – 1995
Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (China)
Member of Technical Staff
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of American Physical Society (APS)
- Member of American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Yumin Zhang, Essential Engineering Thermodynamics: A Student's Guide. Morgan & Claypool (2018). ISBN-13: 978-1681734231.
- Yumin Zhang, The Tao of Microelectronics. IOP Concise Physics (2014). ISBN-13: 978-1627054522.
Yumin Zhang, Roots and Branches: A Systematic Way of Learning Chinese Characters. Outskirts Press (2013). ISBN-13: 9781478710790
- Yumin Zhang, “Theory, Experiments and Applications of Chiral Metamaterials”, Chapter 1 in Advances in Materials Science Research, Volume 28, edited by Maryann C. Wythers. Nova Science Publishers, 2017. ISBN-13: 978-1-53610-892-7.
- Yumin Zhang, “Dynamic Systems with Multiple Elements,” chapter 5 in Systems Thinking: Foundation, Uses and Challenges, edited by Moti Frank, Haim Shaked, Sigal Koral-Kordova.Nova Science Publishers, 2016. ISBN-13: 978-1634852234.
- Yumin Zhang, “Transport Process in Nanoscale Transistors,” chapter 10 in Doped Nanomaterials and Nanodevices, edited by Wei Chen. American Scientific Publishers, 2010. ISBN: 978-1588831101.