Ph.D., Counselor Education and Supervision, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
M.A., Community Counseling, Southeast Missouri State University
B.A., Psychology, Iowa Wesleyan College
B.A., Sociology, Iowa Wesleyan College
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S), Association for Play Therapy
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc.
- School Counselor K-12 Certificate
- School Psychological Examiner K-12 Guidance I Certificate
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), State of Missouri
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS), Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
- Counseling Practicum
- Intelligence Testing
- Counselor Supervision
- Mental Health Internship
- Foundations of School Counseling
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Internship: Elementary
- Internship: Secondary
- Internship: School
- Testing Practicum
- Group Counseling
- Counseling Orientation and Ethics
- Crisis Counseling and Consultation
- Assessment in Counseling
- Counseling Skills
- Advanced Internship
- Counseling Theories
School Counseling Issues, Play Therapy, Counselor Development, Cognitive Complexity
Assessment, Play Therapy, Client Centered Therapy, Counselor Supervision, CACREP Accreditation
- Missouri School Counselor Performance Assessment (MoSCPA) Handbook: Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments: Contributor: July 2015.
- Ward, J.E. & Odegard, M. A. (2011). A proposal for increasing student safety through suicide prevention in schools. The Clearing House. A Special Issue on School Safety, 84, 144-149. (National-peer reviewed).
- Odegard, M. A. & Ward, J. E. (2010). The aftermath of suicide: Implications for school Counselors in Missouri schools. The Counseling Interviewer, 42 (4), 14-16. (State-peer reviewed).
- Sommer, C. A., Ward, J. E., & Scofield, T. (2010). Metaphoric stories in supervision of internship: A qualitative analysis. The Journal of Counseling & Development, 88(4), 500-507. (National-peer reviewed).
- Duys, D., Ward, J. E. Maxwell, J., & Eaton, L. (2007). Career counseling in a volatile job market: Tiedeman’s perspective revisited. Career Development Quarterly, 56(3), 232-241
- Wagner, H., Ward, J. E., LaMantia, K. (Fall 2017). Play Therapy Across the Ages: Utilizing Play with Adults in Crisis Situations; Missouri School Counseling Conference, Osage Beach, MO.
- Ward, J. E., Wagner, H. (Fall 2016). How to become a school based RPT; Missouri School Counseling Conference, Osage Beach, MO.
- Maddox, P. & Ward, J. E. (Fall 2014). Integrating play therapy and expressive methods into your comprehensive guidance program; Missouri School Counseling Conference, Osage Beach, MO.
- Ward, J. E., Odegard-Koester, M. A., Smith, T., Monteiro-Leitner, J. (Fall 2014). Advocating for quality: Reflections following a CACREP accreditation visit. North Central Association of Counselor Education and Supervision Regional Conference. St . Louis, MO. (Chair)
- Maddox, P., Ward, J., & Coggins, K. (Fall 2014). Combatting inequality using Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT). North Central Association of Counselor Education and Supervision Regional Conference. St . Louis, MO.
- Ward, J. E. (Fall 2014). Resilience as a protective factor in suicide prevention: Southeast Missouri Regional Suicide Prevention and Awareness Conference, Southeast Missouri State University. (Chair).
2013 (Fall) Healing Trauma Through Play Therapy, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference, Denver, Colorado. (Chair).
- 2012 (Fall): Maintaining Quality Counseling Programs in a Budget Cutting Environment, North Central Association of Counselor Education and Supervision Conference Kansas City, Kansas. (Co-Presenter).
- 2011 (Fall): Working Toward Becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor in the School, Missouri School Counselors Association Fall Conference, Osage Beach, MO. (Co-Presenter).