The First-year Leadership Program - FyLP (pronounced 'flip') is a series of active sessions offered each Fall semester for students to explore their personal leadership strengths while connecting with other Redhawks through fun activities led by student facilitators (listed below).
FYLP participants will attend 6 two-hour weekly sessions with topics related to self-leadership. We offer two FYLP Cohorts - either Mondays or Thursdays - from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Monday Cohort is held each week from September 11 – October 23, 2023
- Thursday Cohort is held each week from September 7 – October 26, 2023 (no session on October 19 due to Fall Break)
FYLP takes place in the University Center on SEMO's Main Campus - online participation not available.
As a FYLP participant, you will:
- Connect with the FYLP facilitators, who are upper-class student leaders in Student Government, Greek Life, and other student organizations.
- Get to know other new SEMO students who you might not otherwise meet.
- Gain insight into your personality type, leadership style, and character strengths through self-assessments and session activities.
- Receive a Certificate of Graduation from a University leadership program by the end of October during your first year at SEMO! This is an excellent addition to your resume. Being a FYLP graduate can also open doors to other opportunities at the University.
2023 FyLP Registration Form
Registration deadline is August 31
Sign up to participate in the First-year Leadership Program (FyLP) this Fall 2023!
2023 FYLP Facilitators
- Madison Bates (lead)
- Ryan Fink
- Madelyn Pyrtle
- Shae Shelton
- Jason Steiner
- Keiyonte Triplett
- Mercy Lubeju (lead)
- Lennox Baig
- Harland Bross
- Dieu Mfaume
- Rodaina Nasreldin
- Kasey Sharpe