The First-year Leadership Program - FyLP (pronounced 'flip') is a series of active sessions offered each Fall semester for students to explore their personal leadership strengths while connecting with other Redhawks through fun activities led by student facilitators (listed below).
FYLP participants will attend 6 two-hour weekly sessions with topics related to self-leadership. We offer two FYLP Cohorts - either Mondays or Thursdays - from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
As a FYLP participant, you will:
- Connect with the FYLP facilitators, who are upper-class student leaders in Student Government, Greek Life, and other student organizations.
- Get to know other new SEMO students who you might not otherwise meet.
- Gain insight into your personality type, leadership style, and character strengths through self-assessments and session activities.
- Receive a Certificate of Graduation from a University leadership program by the end of October during your first year at SEMO! This is an excellent addition to your resume. Being a FYLP graduate can also open doors to other opportunities at the University.
2021 FYLP Facilitators
- Asia Marion (lead) – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Madison Bates – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Kaiola Sooman-Stanton – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Aldo Vandeling – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2019
- Matt Wilde – FYLP Graduate 2020; CampRedhawk participant 2020
- Kristen Judge(lead) – FYLP Facilitator 2020; EL Graduate 2020, FYLP Graduate 2019, CampRedhawk participant 2019
- Zane Lintner – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Vincent Stanfill – EL Graduate 2020; FYLP Graduate 2019; CampRedhawk participant 2019
- Brandon Vogt – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020
- Rebecca Witty – EL Graduate 2021; FYLP Graduate 2020