The First Year Leadership Program - FYLP allows students to explore their leadership strengths while connecting with other Redhawks through fun activities led by upper-class student facilitators!
FYLP (pronounced flip) participants attend six two-hour weekly sessions with topics related to self-leadership during the fall semester. We offer two FLYP Cohorts - either Mondays or Thursdays - from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. FLYP participants who attend all six weekly sessions will graduate from the program.
As a FYLP participant, you will:
- Connect with the facilitators, who are upper-class student leaders in Student Government, Greek Life, and other student organizations. The University’s Student Regent is also one of the FYLP facilitators this year!
- Get to know other new SEMO students who you might not otherwise meet.
- Gain insight into your personality type, leadership style, and character strengths through self-assessments and session activities.
- Receive a Certificate of Graduation from a University leadership program by the end of October during your first year at SEMO! This is an excellent addition to your resume. Being a FYLP graduate can also open doors to other opportunities at the University.
- FYLP is open to all new SEMO students who are in good judicial standing with the University.
2020 FYLP Facilitators
- Patrick Koeller (lead) – 2019 FYLP Facilitator, 2019 EL Participant, 2018 FYLP Participant, 2018 Camp Redhawk
- Lauren Kohn (lead) – 2019 FYLP Facilitator, 2019 EL Participant, 2018 Camp Redhawk
- Awab Esaid – 2020 EL Participant
- Jaimin Patel – 2019 EL Participant
- Alexa Pfeiffer – 2020 EL Participant, 2019 FYLP Participant
- Daniel Frew (lead) – 2019 FYLP Facilitator, 2019 EL Participant, 2018 FYLP Participant, 2018 Camp Redhawk
- Ian Graves – 2020 EL Participant, 2019 FYLP Participant
- Kristen Judge – 2020 EL Participant, 2019 FYLP Participant, 2019 Camp Redhawk
- Grace Powderly – 2019 EL Participant, 2018 FYLP Participant
- Breae Roberts – 2020 EL Participant, 2019 FYLP Participant, 2019 Camp Redhawk