The Golden Owl Program is a new form of point system for the Jane Stephens Honors Program. You earn a Golden Owl for participating in different activities throughout the semester. Some of these activities include: attending an honors event, participating in a committee, spending an hour at the Honors House per month, and many more. We will be keeping track of the Golden Owls throughout the semester, and at the end, whoever has the most will receive a prize. We are doing this to encourage more participation from those in the program. It also provides a new incentive to be an active member.
What is the Golden Owl Program?
• The Golden Owl Program is a fun competition for honors students and faculty where you can accumulate points (owls) throughout the semester through various activities. Once reaching certain amounts of points, participants can win prizes and towards the end of the semester there will be a grand prize.
How do Golden Owls work?
• Once you receive 20 points, you get a large owl with your name on it put on the fireplace at the Honors House. With every ten points you receive after that, you will receive a smaller owl to go under your big owl.
• The top three people with the most owls will be posted on the Honors Facebook page weekly.
What do I get out of this?
•Aside from the joys of being involved in the honors program, the person with the largest number of owls will receive a grand prize!
How do I get points?
• Attendance at the Honors House
• Go to Honors events
• Solving Honors House brain teasers:
• Student/Faculty Honors Councils
There will possibly be more opportunities to earn points for Owls throughout the semester, so keep a look out for those! Please let us know if you have any questions.
|Welcome Back Picnic||8/17/19||TBA||Honors House (603 N. Henderson)|
LaFerla Honors Floor
We are excited to announce that we have an honors floor in LaFerla Hall. LaFerla has a bunch of cool features that is beneficial to honors students: