See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Engineering technology emphasizes the application of scientific and engineering techniques
to a variety of real-world problems. Application is the key word in this definition,
in that engineering technology emphasizes practical applications as well as theory.
Engineering technologists work in the job spectrum between the engineer and the skilled
technician with responsibilities closest to those of the engineer.
What You'll Do
- Gain technical proficiency in the engineering technology practice and engage in life-long
- Effectively use technology for problem solving, decision making, implementation, management,
and optimization of systems and processes
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards with commitment to protect
the public interest, safety, and the environment.
- Gain theory and laboratory practice in areas of digital and electronic systems; industrial
instrumentation; electromechanical/mechanical/optical sensors; actuation systems;
AC and DC drives; electrical machines and control; power electronics; energy management;
microprocessors/embedded controls; automatic process control systems; and industrial
automation and robotics.
- Be educated in the advanced techniques of system design and installation using innovative
state-of-the-art technologies reinforced throughout the program by integrated laboratory
What You'll Study
- ET245 Logic Circuits
- ET468 Industrial Control
- MN356 Robotic Fundamentals
- MN412 Advanced Manufacturing Systems
View College Page