See the latest updates and information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including
a list of University contact information at semo.edu/covid19.
Whether students hope to pursue careers in local, state, or national politics, non-profit
administration and outreach, or seek advance degrees in law or the humanities, our
students will gain all the skills needed to succeed in their chosen path by completing
course work in the Communication Studies, Rhetoric & Public Communication major.
What You'll Do
- Interact with well-trained faculty in small-class settings.
- Learn and train in state-of-the-art facilities in Academic Hall.
- Develop skills in oral, written, and visual communication, as well as listening, teamwork,
leadership, and more.
- Experience one-on-one advising to determine the best courses and minor (or second
major) best suited to personal goals and aspirations.
- Have access to the student organizations COMMrades and Jimmy's Friends.
- Be poised to try out for Southeast's award-winning debate team and/or as a tutor in
the department's speaker's resource center.
- Have the opportunity to oversee public events while earning course credit.
What You'll Study
- SC 195 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- SC 200 Advanced Public Speaking
- SC 360 Experiential Comm Projects
- SC 320 Group Comm & Decision-Making
View College Page
Request InfoApply NowView Degree Map
Previous Degree Maps
Internships & Career Opportunities
- Childrens' Charity of St. Louis
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Graduate School Opportunities
- Ball State University
- Clemson University
- DePaul University
- Duke University
- Indiana University
- Northwestern University
- Saint Louis University
- University of Arkansas
- University of Illinois
Costs at Southeast