The Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) is committed to provide both academic
and clinical education for athletic training majors. The ATEP believes that a student’s
clinical experiences should supplement a challenging athletic training core curriculum.
The core curriculum is based on the required subject matter meeting Commission on
Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) Standards and competencies set
forth by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA).
What You'll Do
- Work alongside professionals in the field with an actual patient population.
- Be prepared for the Board of Certification exam. Southeast Missouri State University
ATEP has a 78% first time pass rate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of; injury prevention, clinical evaluation and diagnosis,
emergency care, treatment and rehabilitation, administration and organization
- Have the opportunity to attend state and national conferences for the profession of
athletic training Work with the most up-to-date therapeutic modalities and rehabilitation
equipment in both laboratory and clinical settings.
What You'll Study
- HL111 Introduction to Health Management
- HL231 Fitness Conditioning
- HL251 Introduction to Athletic Injuries
- HL265 Therapeutic Modalities
View College Page