Ph.D. in Translation Studies, Kent State University
Certificate in Spanish-to-English Translation, New York University
Master of Hispanic Studies, Auburn University
B.A. in Spanish, Auburn University
Corpora in translation
Legal and commercial translation
Online teaching and learning
Spanish for the professions
Representative Scholarly Activity
- Tucker, A. (2022). “A Tool Designed to Streamline the Search for Scholarly Literature Addressing Online Translation and Interpreting Pedagogy.” Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Tucker, A. (2020, June). Keynote: “Building an Overview of Online Language Industry Education Research with the Support of Digital Tools.” Coloquio de Jóvenes Investigadores [Young researchers colloquium]. Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC), Lima, Peru.
- Cornea, I., & Tucker, A. (2020). “Educating Legal Translators in Virtual Environments: UNAM’s Online Legal Translation Certificate.” Translation Studies and Information Technology: New Pathways for Researchers, Teachers and Professionals. In Dejica, D., C. Eugeni, & M. Cernicova-Bucă (Eds.). Timișoara, Romania: Editura Politehnica.
- Bilali, L., & Tucker, A. (2019). From Text Types: Samples with Text Analysis section, French corpus compilation, text analyses, and samples from following six chapters: “Recipes,” “Instruction Manuals,” “Museum Guides,” “Patient Education Materials,” “News Reports,” and “Business Letters.” In B. J. Baer & C. D. Mellinger (Eds.), Translating Texts: An Introductory Coursebook on Translation and Text Formation. Oxfordshire, England: Routledge.
- Ramírez-Ramírez, E. M., & Tucker, J. A. (2012). “Relevant Aspects of the Federal Law on Extinguishment of Ownership Implementing Article 22 of the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States.” Newsletter, Spring 2012, International Bar Association.
- SN 100: Spanish Language & Culture I
- SN 120: Spanish Language & Culture II
- SN 200: Spanish Language & Culture III
- SN 300: Spanish American Culture
- SN 301: Writing in the Language Industry
- SN 330: Advanced Spanish Grammar
- SN 305: Speaking Professional Spanish
- SN 445: Working with Terminology in Professional Settings
- SN 450: Translation & Interpreting